X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Souls Remastered

Dark Souls Remastered

Press release:
    "Developed by FromSoftware Inc., DARK SOULS: REMASTERED allows players to explore the twisted ancient land of Lordran in the first title of the critically acclaimed action role-playing series like never before. Experience the rich world of DARK SOULS in upscaled 4K resolution with 60FPS when playing on a PlayStation 4 Pro system, Xbox One X, and PC. Also, 1080p resolution with 30FPS is available when playing the game on Nintendo Switch with its TV mode. From their first timid steps to absolute mastery, players will build their characters by strategically adapting to daunting foes, exploring haunting locations, and amassing a large collection of weapons, armour and magic spells to utilise for a truly unique playstyle."

First Dark Souls Remastered trailer:

Release date:
    May 24, 2018 in Japan.

Dark Souls Trilogy:
    Alongside Dark Souls Remastered, comes this Dark Souls Trilogy, exclusive to PS4.

In the Dark Souls Trilogy box, there’s soundtracks, and a bookend to prop up a couple of books about the game’s lore. There’s also some postcards.

The trilogy includes Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin and Dark Souls III The Fire Fades Edition.

Here’s what’s in the box:
    • Original Book End
    • Bookend “Waka Fire”
    • Bookend “Senior Knight”
    • Dark soul item dictionary
    • Item Encycropedia Ⅰ
    • Item Encycropedia Ⅱ
    • Item Encycropedia Ⅲ
    • Memorial art set
    • Special art × 10 sheets
    • Dedicated frame

The encyclopedias are a complete collection of illustrations of all the items in the game, including accessories and magic. The measurements of the book-end are 34x20cm.

Currently, it's unknown if the Dark Souls Trilogy is due to release in North America and Europe.

That JPY 49,800 works out at about £326.782!

YOU(R WALLET)DIED!

Nintendo have made a big deal out of this on Switch. PS4 version is going to be half the price in no time though, just like Skyrim, killing the release. That trilogy set is amazing for a fan of the game, too.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      That JPY 49,800 works out at about £326.782!
      Pre-tax. It's sligthly less than 54k yen when you factor in those.

Comment

Preview screenshots and video are now available at different websites. PS4 and XBX will display at 4K with the correct TV, but apparently this is not native rendering. PS4 and XB1 will be 1080p60. Switch will be 1080p30 in docked mode, 720p30 in portable mode; I'll be happy if both modes will be able to keep up with the PS3. Judging from the videos that shouldn't be a problem as polygonal density looks the same, just better textures. The menus are still the same, they could have at least reworked those to be in line with DSIII...oh well.

Comment

This is the game I’m waiting for the most. I literally cannot wait, even though I’ve already played it a hundred times.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Digital Foundry comparison video based on the current build. I like the lighting on the original more, to be honest.

Comment

It's not much of a remaster, is it? 60fps is nice but the PC version has been doing that for a while with a little tinker.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                This is the game I’m waiting for the most. I literally cannot wait, even though I’ve already played it a hundred times.
                PS4 or Switch, D?

Comment

I’d much rather have a bluePoint remaster of Demons Souls to be honest. Give me that over any of the sequels any day.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    I’d much rather have a bluePoint remaster of Demons Souls to be honest. Give me that over any of the sequels any day.
                    A million time this!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                      PS4 or Switch, D?
                      PS4 of course!
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
                        A million time this!
                        A billion times this!
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's "Demon's Souls".

This always confused me as I know multiple souls are dropped by each demon, but there are multiple demons.

"Demons' Souls" always worked better for me because you're trying to collect multiple souls that are the possession of multiple demons.

Sorry, should I be saying "A Trillion times this!"?

Comment

I will be getting PS4 and Switch. Because why not.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              It's "Demon's Souls".

This always confused me as I know multiple souls are dropped by each demon, but there are multiple demons.

"Demons' Souls" always worked better for me because you're trying to collect multiple souls that are the possession of multiple demons.

Sorry, should I be saying "A Trillion times this!"?

Comment

Working...
                              X