No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective 022: Dizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magicland is the one I have a soft spot for. I think when it came out, Dizzy mania was probably reaching its peak. Several of my friends rushed out and bought it and the guides hadn't yet been printed in any magazines, so we worked it out as a group. I remember we got stuck at one stage, and one of my friends excitedly calling me at 10pm (we were probably about 12 at the time, so that was pretty late!) to tell me he'd figured out a whole bunch of things. I was always a bit suspicious that he'd rang the Code Masters helpline, but he denied it!

Comment

Dizzy was the first game I bought for the Spectrum. Really good arcade adventure, addictive and I managed to complete it. I never bought another Dizzy game though. That was enough for me, I didn't want more of the same. Like I say good game, but being critical I would say it was slightly bland and lacks any kind of depth. I really liked games like Citadel and Palace of Magic on the BBC Micro. They were the top arcade adventures for me.

Comment

i loved the dizzy games, i had both boxed sets as a kid and me and my best mate spent hours playing through them and and working out all the puzzles, some of the best games ever made from that era

Comment

Working...
        X