VR Gaming chat VirtualReality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR Gaming chat VirtualReality

It appears in the forum shuffle the old thread was lost soooo.

OMG!
    VRChat, the social chatroom for VR and non-VR users, is doing booming business. According to SteamSpy, the app has seen a mind-boggling 1 million fresh installs in only the last 10 days, putting it currently at 2 million installs in total. Update (01/19/18): SteamSpy reports now that ‘VRChat’ has over 2 million installs. Concurrent users have cooled down somewhat, although we’ll …

While VRChat is indeed full of teens in female anime avatars comparing boob jiggle physics and little red Knuckles characters asking "Do you know the way".
    There is a lot of amazing content, last night I took a wander through the main town of silent hill and the train station and square from HL2. And then finished off the evening tackling a platform adventure.
    Its free to install from steam and you don't need to sign up to anything. I don't see this coming to PSVR anytime soon.
    If you want to explore and want to add my user name PM me.

And no I DO NOT KNOW THE WAY!!!!!!!!

I had one go on this and heard some dude saying "oni-chan, hayaku!" to people while posing as an anime school girl. I also went to a bar where Sasuke from Naruto was the bartender and handing out drinks for everyone. It was odd. I saw a Minecraft map which looked like it was ripped right out of the game, so I imagine the other areas are also ripped liked that? That's pretty cool if so, I should check out Silent Hill if I can figure out how. Heard there was a Resident Evil mansion that was pretty good.

Comment

Unsuitable for my son?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        I had one go on this and heard some dude saying "oni-chan, hayaku!" to people while posing as an anime school girl. I also went to a bar where Sasuke from Naruto was the bartender and handing out drinks for everyone. It was odd. I saw a Minecraft map which looked like it was ripped right out of the game, so I imagine the other areas are also ripped liked that? That's pretty cool if so, I should check out Silent Hill if I can figure out how. Heard there was a Resident Evil mansion that was pretty good.
        Like I said there are some strange sorts (kids) in there but also some very creative types.
        I also saw the first area from the original Resi (police station). Yea the assets are ripped from the games by all accounts.
        The volume of people using this is going up like crazy, I hope the developer can maintain control.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Unsuitable for my son?
          I would suggest find some stuff for him to do and create a private instance for him and only invite people you trust. I`m guessing he`s 6 or 7 ish?

Comment

Unsuitable for my son?
            Yes.

Unsuitable for any decent human being really. lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Yes.

Unsuitable for any decent human being really. lol
              I don't think that is fair. If you play with friends in a controlled environment its ok.
              Its not that much different from PSN / XboxLive

Comment

Lol I'll check it out

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                  I don't think that is fair. If you play with friends in a controlled environment its ok.
                  Its not that much different from PSN / XboxLive
                  To a degree. Playing outside that controlled environment means potential exposure to almost anything in this case though, not just what is possible within the parameters of a regular game.

All but inevitable that the interest of a child would begin to starve for that kind of area if you do expose them to VRChat I'd have thought.
                  Last edited by speedlolita; 19-01-2018, 20:54.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    To a degree. Playing outside that controlled environment means potential exposure to almost anything in this case though, not just what is possible within the perimeters of a regular game.

All but inevitable that the interest of a child would begin to starve for that kind of area if you do expose them to VRChat I'd have though.
                    Agreed. There are some shocking idiots on there. The developer is ramping up some sort of moderation.

Comment

Unsuitable for my son?
                      Think 4chanVR and you should be able to answer yourself

Comment

Originally posted by D J Kix View Post
                        Think 4chanVR and you should be able to answer yourself
                        This is getting a bit one sided, I only started to use VRChat as a means to learn how to create avatars in unity.
                        Yes there are a lot of idiots, but that's the internet for you.

Comment

Anyways how about some rhythm games?
                          We already have the amazing Thumper on all VR platforms. And PC users have audio shield http://store.steampowered.com/app/412740/Audioshield/.
                          But a new one I`ve had my eye on is beat saber. Who doesn't want to smash blocks with light sabers to a funky beat?

Comment

Is beat sabre out yet?

Comment

Is beat sabre out yet?
                              some time Q1 and its pegged for PSVR as well. But going on the gameplay clip below I don't see how its going to cope with the move traking?

Beat Saber is a VR rhythm game where you slash the beats of adrenaline-pumping music as they fly towards you, surrounded by a futuristic world.
                              Last edited by huxley; 21-01-2018, 13:00.

Comment

Working...
                              X