The Cloverfield Paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cloverfield Paradox

In very early 2016, just days before the release of the trailer and title announcement for “10 Cloverfield Lane,” the website tagruato.jp was updated with a message teasing said arrival. That site was key to the famed viral marketing campaign that tied back to the original J.J. Abrams-produced “Cloverfield” film and had been left running. […]

The third Cloverfield movie may be days away from its full reveal
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 05-02-2018, 08:49.

After seemingly beginning its viral marketing last week, it looks like the third film in the “Cloverfield” franchise may have a title – “Cloverfield Station”. The film, previously titled “God Particle” and helmed by Julius Onah, follows astronauts aboard a space station who, after an accident with a particle accelerator, discover that Earth has vanished. […]

Word seems to be cementing that the films title is the above

Comment

Netflix has yet to do any major acquisitions at Sundance this year, a stark change from last year where they seemed to be picking up things left and right. Rumors around Park City, however, indicate there may be a reason for that. Following their acquisition of the international rights to Alex Garland’s “Annihilation” from Paramount, […]

There's a rumour that the film will no longer see a theatrical release and will instead be launched on Netflix

Comment

I'm going full media blackout on any details but I'm starting to get excited for this ... the first two were ace.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I'm going full media blackout on any details but I'm starting to get excited for this ... the first two were ace.
          Great idea.
          The less you know, the more you enjoy them.

I get tired of franchises shoe-horning in the same characters, when they could go the "universe" route like Cloverfield.

A different tale each Halloween (like Season of the Witch), rather than Michael Myers returning from the grave again.

Instead of Jack Bauer stretching implausibility for nine seasons, you could have followed the LAFD as they run around clearing up the aftermath of the various bombs going off and there's a Keifer Sutherland cameo where he bellows "You gotta keep these people off the street!" or something.

Rather than John Mclaine exclaiming "Oh man, I can't ****ing believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same **** happen to the same guy quinary?", follow cop Al as some LA riots kick in or something. Maybe there's a Twinkie shortage.

STREET PUNK:
          "Gimme them Twinkies, you stupid orphans!"
          AL DRAWS HIS GUN AND SHOOTS THE PUNK
          CUT TO SHOT LOOKING AT AL THROUGH THE MASSIVE HOLE IN THE PUNK'S STOMACH

AL: "Heh, I guess it's not only Twinkies that are soft in the middle!"
          THE ORPHANS AND AL LAUGH HEARTILY

Comment

Just over a week ago came rumors that streaming giant Netflix had picked up the worldwide rights to the third film under the J.J. Abrams-produced “Cloverfield” banner. It was thought the company would use this year’s Superbowl broadcast to post the first trailer announcing a launch date for the film probably around the April 20th […]

The third Cloverfield movie hasn't just been confirmed to be skipping cinemas and coming to Netflix, it's already live for viewing on the service.

Why did this amazing sudden grab for the streaming service come about?
            Well, if online impressions and reviews are to be believed it's because the film is too poor in quality for Paramount to risk a theatrical release making the profitable deal with Netflix a slam dunk. Given the love Cloverfield Lane received I'd be curious what peeps on here think of the new film. It'll be interesting to see what it means for the upcoming fourth film too. I've read some spoilers already for this one and the franchise links sound atrociously stupid... so I'm curious to see it myself.

Comment

Cloverfield was a massive letdown, Cloverfield Lane was much better. This was supposed to be online yesterday but wasn't, so I guess we'll see today.

Looks like all three movies are back on Netflix. Makes sense.

Comment

I think this is on par with the second one

and explains what happens in the first two!

Not a bad movie at all actually. I had to laugh at Chris O'Dowd

having his arm cut off by a wall, then the arm crawling back to give them a message!

Comment

I'm actually a bit apprehensive to watch this one. My relationship with Cloverfield is that the first film was pretty much straight up guff whilst the second was a better film but nowhere near the level it is often spoken of being so the whole Cloverfield project is becoming a bit of a formless monster to me as a viewer and what I've heard of this almost fills me with dread whilst at the same time leaving the possibility that it's all becoming so ludicrous it might start becoming interesting.

Comment

I'm a super fan of the franchise they could probably spoon feed me cow dung and id enjoy it so obviously didnt think this was anywhere near as bad as id heard, but by a stretch the weakest entry thus far.
                    Last edited by Baseley09; 06-02-2018, 22:51.

Comment

Knowing J.J. Abrams, we're thinking this was probably intentional. A good part of the fun of the Cloverfield movies is the fan theorizing that the ARG is

Possible coincidence but nice none the less

Comment

Comment

Never seen any of the previous two entries but the recent one has piqued my interest and I was planning on watching the entire trilogy on Netflix this weekend.

Just checked and number two ain't on there. Pah. Kinda spoiled my plans now.

Comment

Really? Canada has it...that's annoying.

Comment

Yeah, was very surprised, UK Netflix doesn't always have what you think it'll have, hope they pop it on over the next week...

Comment

Working...
                              X