Shadow of the Colossus Remake (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow of the Colossus Remake (2018)

I can't seem to find a thread about the PS4 remake, so I presume it was lost.

It's looking gorgeous!
    Here's nine minutes of PS4 Pro boosted footage:

That looks lush. I take it on the regular PS4 its 30fps and on the Pro it will do 60fps?
    I don't care about the faux K

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
      That looks lush. I take it on the regular PS4 its 30fps and on the Pro it will do 60fps?
      The video says "performance mode", so my guess it 1080@60, 4K@30. I hope that standard PS4s will get to choose between framerate or resolution as well, although I'm still debating about getting this game a third time (PS2, PS3, and now PS4).

Comment

I wasn't going to triple-dip but that vid might have swayed me. Looking very nice.

Comment

Stereoscopic 3d?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Stereoscopic 3d?
            Good one

Comment

There are two options for pro users.

Cinematic Mode, which emphasizes image quality, and for owners of compatible 4K HDR displays, boasts a beautiful dynamic 4K image targeting 30 fps.
              Performance Mode, which delivers an extremely fluid frame rate targeting 60 fps.

Comment

What about standard ps4’s? 1080p 60fps?

Comment

Looks mega.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                    There are two options for pro users.

Cinematic Mode, which emphasizes image quality, and for owners of compatible 4K HDR displays, boasts a beautiful dynamic 4K image targeting 30 fps.
                    Performance Mode, which delivers an extremely fluid frame rate targeting 60 fps.
                    "Targeting" being the key word there. Not locked.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      What about standard ps4’s? 1080p 60fps?
                      1080 30 I would think.

Looks really good I have to say. I never finished this on PS2, and skipped the PS3 remaster despite getting it free from Plus, so maybe bows the time.
                      Last edited by wakka; 23-01-2018, 21:22.

Comment

Ah but never finishing it means you're perpetually frozen in time, never fully evil.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster." - Nietzsche

Comment

I have pretty conflicted feelings about this existing and Ueda not being involved. Anyone kept up with it enough to tell whether there's anything *different* with it? I'm sure when it was first announced, they were talking about adding things in that were intentionally cut out of the game originally, which doesn't feel like an approach I like.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            1080 30 I would think.

Looks really good I have to say. I never finished this on PS2, and skipped the PS3 remaster despite getting it free from Plus, so maybe bows the time.
                            1080 30fps?

F*****g lame. No doubt 60 was held back on purpose to make the pro look better, even though the standard could probably do it quite easily on this.

Looks bloody good though.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 24-01-2018, 13:39.

Comment

They have added custom filters.

Here’s some comparisons.........the first one is crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X