No announcement yet.

Shadow of the Colossus Remake (2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First game I worked on since moving to Sony, it looked amazing from the get go! Would love Ico next.

Comment

That's got to be one of the most stunning games I've ever seen! I've played it to death on the PS2, but it looks like I'll be buying it again.

Comment

I never played this before even though I loved ICO. I may be persuaded to buy a PS4 when I get to the UK just for this...

Comment

Interesting review on Polygon

Comment

Ok. Seen a few more screens. That looks pretty astonishing. I’ll be picking this up and revisiting that beautiful, strange land once again.

I wonder if ICO will get the same style remake as well for the trifecta?

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
              I like it. This is getting at the kind of thing I was (perhaps ham-fistedly, and specifically through Ueda) going for earlier in the thread.

All that said, I couldn't resist at £22

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                That was great. Thanks for posting.

"On the other hand, Shadow of the Colossus’ focus — you have one goal: slay the beasts — stands in contrast with how modern games have changed, distancing themselves from their predecessors. Colossus’ emptiness feels commercially brave by today’s standards, when games of this size are stuffed with filler and filching: countless side quests and in-app purchases to recoup investment by bleeding players of their resources. In 2005, Shadow of the Colossus’ world was, compared to the colorful worlds of its contemporaries, solemn and lonely. In 2018, it’s like a quiet vacation. What a relief to play a game that demands neither more money nor time."

"Creativity thrives under limitations. People who love games understand this implicitly, since the best players find the most creative ways to succeed within the confines of the rules. The Great Train Robbery is a masterpiece not in spite of its limitations but because of them. [...] Expanding the technological capabilities of our game machines is not inherently bad, but treating new tech as a magic bullet is a self-destructive delusion (if a familiar one). The reason that so many games suck is not because the technology is too modest. The reason that so many games suck is because so many games suck. Making art is hard. No microchip changes that."

Comment

It does look super nice. I'm still not sold on the art changes that have been made, I think it doesn't have quite the same character of the original. Not as extreme as the Halo anniversary game where they totally missed out many of the deliberate stylings of the game and put in totally generic sci-fi assets.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    It does look super nice. I'm still not sold on the art changes that have been made, I think it doesn't have quite the same character of the original. Not as extreme as the Halo anniversary game where they totally missed out many of the deliberate stylings of the game and put in totally generic sci-fi assets.
                    get up on the wrong side of bed today dude? you seem super down on everything first you bring your negativity to monster hunter thread now your grumping up the colossus thread

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      get up on the wrong side of bed today dude? you seem super down on everything first you bring your negativity to monster hunter thread now your grumping up the colossus thread
                      I said it looked super nice!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                        I said it looked super nice!
                        Calm down!

(hug)...shhhh...it's ok. It's ok....

Comment

Well Amazon are telling me this arrives tomorrow! As a massive fan of Last Guardian and only having played the first hour or so of this previously, I am excited!

Edit: Code for pre order items just landed in my inbox too. A "life sword", I believe.
                          Last edited by cutmymilk; 06-02-2018, 12:21.

Comment

Mine's been dispatched from ShopTo today so I'll be starting it tomorrow evening. It'll be nice to play through this re-imagined old classic in parallel with other players to experience its majesty all over again.

Feels kind of weird to get excited about the re-release of an old title again but I think I can give this one a pass.

Comment

Got this yesterday from ShopTo but was only able to play it today and I noticed a few things that some of you might want to know about.

There's noticable screen tearing for me in some areas, mainly the temple. Playing on a PS4 Pro in Performance mode. The camera still has the permantly enabled auto correction on, so if you like the view, have fun holding onto the right analog stick the whole time. As soon as you let go it jolts back to eye level. This was in the original too but I'd actually put off playing the game for now if I knew the option to disable camera correction was going to be added later or something, it's really annoying. Also, the camera panning and the motion blur implementation are making me feel like I'm drunk lol. You can disable motion blur but it doesn't seem to help much. And Agro still controls like a turd.

The camera filter options are pretty cool, there is one for Night. It doesn't seem like, oh just darken the image and call it Night, it actually feels like you changed the time of day. There's a bunch more, but Night stood out for me as the coolest.

Comment

I owned it but never got around to playing back in the day and I opted for a digital download and for me it looks beautiful

Playing it through the projector I bought from Colin and its running at 1080p / 60HZ

Looks incredible to me, I don't have a PS4 pro or 4K so not bothered

Comment

Working...
                                X