Titles where the soundtrack was far superior to the rest of the experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I forgot. GTAV.

It was good but the Tangerine Score felt too intensely beautiful for a game that in the end felt very limited and not quite as deeeeeep as those exquisite soundscapes them Germans were cooking up.

Comment

Yeah, the Tangerine Dream stuff that kicks off in random, ad hoc stand offs with police is just absolutely brilliant.

Comment

You know what time it is.

That early-on mission where Franklin and Lamar check out the garages...that choon has never left my head since I first heard it in 2013, it's sublime, it's beautiful incidental music that totally steals the show.

Comment

Perfect Dark Zero. Most of the soundtrack has aged quite badly, but a few tunes still stand out.

The first game's music is still ahead of its time (2023).

Last edited by dataDave; 27-01-2018, 21:29.

Comment

Oh yeah, kind of linked: Nearly all of the Barry-era Bond soundtracks.

Comment

Track I meant.

Comment

Games:

Streets of Rage 1 & 2

Films:

Ghostbusters(according to my wife. She said the theme song was better than the film. Shameful, really, but I'm stuck with her)

Comment

The actual Elmer Bernstein music is amazingly defining and classy but I saw Ghostbusters aged 9 in Dec '84 and I was looking forward to it sooooooo much and the movie I saw never excited me, it was a really good movie and I rewatched it loads as a kid...but it's...not funny. Not at all, really. I've never laughed at Ghostbusters, not even as a kid, even when he said "arse".

Am I the only person who never found Ghostbusters funny at all???

Weird thing is my warmth for this movie is quite big and the movie has warmth, I like it loads!

Comment

I might have to watch it again, last time was the late 90s on VHS, I'm a much more solid person these days, jeez I was hopeless back then.

Comment

*realises tangent, grabs coat and exits swiftly via stairwell*

Comment

Working...
                      X