Titles where the soundtrack was far superior to the rest of the experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titles where the soundtrack was far superior to the rest of the experience

Yep, it happens. Sometimes the game, movie, whatever is lacking whilst the soundtrack delivers in spades and for me the latest experience of that was with Journey. The game just felt a bit ho hum and arty farty and made me feel I had to be a hipster twat with a waxed mustache riding a fixie in order to "get" it but the soundtrack, wow, that was something else:

Stunning tracks that are uber emotive and just saturated with feeling whilst sounding great. Wonderful stuff.

What say ye?

Rez Infinite. I just don't see it, but I do hear it.

Comment

Xenon II: Megablast.
      Ah ah, ah yeah.

Comment

Not a game, but when posed this topic I immediately think of Tron Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Any form of media is cool my man, the more the merrier.

Comment

If we're talking films, there's loads. Judgement Night is one off the top of my head.

Comment

Games? Plok on the Super NES. Amazing chiptune soundtrack to listen to, mediocre Euro-platformer to play.

Comment

Jet Set Radio
                Rez

Comment

A whole bunch of Castlevanias for me. Amazing soundtracks but Symphony Of The Night is really the only one I felt was as good as the music. But generally the soundtrack is not something I’d consider all that separately in the sense that a mediocre game with a great soundtrack can be a great experience for me if the gameplay doesn’t actively infringe on the enjoyment, if you get my meaning. I still really enjoy the Castlevanias but the music is a huge percentage of why I do.

Comment

Gundam Seed Destiny
                    Jesus this series is awful (Gundam Seed was pretty good) but the music in Destiny was fantastic in places.

I seem to recall when I saw FLCL back when I was at uni I wasn't really blown away by the anime but the soundtrack was pretty good

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    We went to see this at the IMAX in Birmingham and I spent a good chunk of the film just with my eyes closed listening to the music.
                    Last edited by Blobcat; 24-01-2018, 19:14.

Comment

Initial D: Extreme Stage

The menu music in the tune-up section, awesome.

Comment

The soundtrack to Jewel Master on the MD made me play the game a whole lot more than I should've done, mediocre game but a stormer of a prog-jazz OST.

Comment

And that Spidey SNES game with Tim Follin music. And both the C64 and Amiga versions of Ghouls N' Ghosts. Both pretty underwhelming but once again saved by ace Tim Follin choonage.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                            And that Spidey SNES game with Tim Follin music. And both the C64 and Amiga versions of Ghouls N' Ghosts. Both pretty underwhelming but once again saved by ace Tim Follin choonage.
                            Top shout. Spiderman and the X-Men was a decent enough game if you persevered, but the music was *amazing*.

Witness:

Comment

Yeah, it was very Euro and the graphics were awkward but it was so damn tough!!! I played it loads but could never quite complete it, I bet it's dated badly now though...bar the awesome choonz!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X