No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two small purchases from Manchester Comic Con. There were far less retro games on offer this year. I almost bit on a backlit GBC but just couldn't stomach the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      Two small purchases from Manchester Comic Con.
      Dragon's Revenge is a nice pinball game. The graphics have always impressed me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
        Dragon's Revenge is a nice pinball game. The graphics have always impressed me.
        Yeah, it's been on my radar for a while now. I already have Dragon's Fury which I love so when I saw Dragon's Revenge just sitting there I snatched it up.

Comment

Dragon’s Revenge is great get. I really like those games.

Comment

I only recently got back into SFC collecting having sold my collection off many years ago, so I'm still picking up the essentials. Fortunately most of this lot is still pretty inexpensive in Japan, and many of them are brand new and mint.

Also, I managed to plug one of the last gaps in my Saturn shooter collection with this haul - Gekirindan. Now I just need Blast Wind (which costs a small fortune) and a few other bits and bobs to call it a day.

Comment

Living your best life with that Super Valis IV.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post

I only recently got back into SFC collecting having sold my collection off many years ago, so I'm still picking up the essentials. Fortunately most of this lot is still pretty inexpensive in Japan, and many of them are brand new and mint.

Also, I managed to plug one of the last gaps in my Saturn shooter collection with this haul - Gekirindan. Now I just need Blast Wind (which costs a small fortune) and a few other bits and bobs to call it a day.
                Some excelent SFC games you've got there! Also, Genkirindan, a perfect way to show ho to NOT port a Taito game to the Saturn. It's bloody awful. Good music though.

Comment

so I'm still picking up the essentials. Fortunately most of this lot is still pretty inexpensive in Japan, and many of them are brand new and mint.
                  The Mickey Mouse games are great. I've always thought Aladdin is really nice. Super Adventure Island has great graphics and music. Panic Bomber is a nice puzzler. All the rest are also either good or very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Some excelent SFC games you've got there! Also, Genkirindan, a perfect way to show ho to NOT port a Taito game to the Saturn. It's bloody awful. Good music though.
                    I've been playing a bit of Gekirindan and it seems pretty solid to me? Obviously the weird push scrolling thing in YOKO mode isn't ideal, but that's on other Saturn shooters too. I'm pretty used to it. Visuals are decent and the music is nice, plus some nice sprite scaling and plenty of action. It's not at the level of Radiant Silvergun or Battle Garegga, but it looks seems to be a nice enough game.

It's nowhere near as good as Area 88 though, which is really great. I hadn't played it before and I've been missing a real gem. Capcom got it right with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      The Mickey Mouse games are great. I've always thought Aladdin is really nice. Super Adventure Island has great graphics and music. Panic Bomber is a nice puzzler. All the rest are also either good or very good.
                      Aladdin is great, and it really blows away the MD version. It's weird how even Mikami now apparently thinks the MD game was better, but it clearly isn't outside of the animation. The MD's level design is pretty clunky, the music is flat out terrible, and the backgrounds are basic. The SFC game looks and sounds gorgeous, and as it's a Capcom game, the design is spot on. It just plays better.

Comment

Aladdin is great, and it really blows away the MD version.
                        I appreciate both versions, but have a soft spot for what Capcom delivered. A lot of people like how the graphics in the MD version look similar to the movie. I think that's nice, but there's something a bit more warm and inviting about the visuals in the SNES version. I definitely think Capcom's Aladdin should get more recognition as a very polished, fun game.

Comment

I've been playing a bit of Gekirindan and it seems pretty solid to me? Obviously the weird push scrolling thing in YOKO mode isn't ideal, but that's on other Saturn shooters too. I'm pretty used to it. Visuals are decent and the music is nice, plus some nice sprite scaling and plenty of action. It's not at the level of Radiant Silvergun or Battle Garegga, but it looks seems to be a nice enough game.

It's nowhere near as good as Area 88 though, which is really great. I hadn't played it before and I've been missing a real gem. Capcom got it right with that one.
                          Nah then sprite effects are wobbly and jerky. It also has jerky scrolling in areas and pauses to load bosses. The intro and ending are also FMV which is very lazy.
                          Try Layer Section to see how it should be done.

Comment

Been quite a while since i bought any gamecube games as for the most part my collection is done but there are a few games that i wanted to get. Spotted them all at decent prices on genkivideogames

Finally picked up new copies of battle stadium DON & Onepiece treasure battle as it was the remaining onepiece game i was missing.

Also a couple of new gba games too, had a complete set of the fzero ereader cards for years & years but stupidly never had the game they work with. Fixed that, also picked up Boboboubo Boubobo bakutou hajike taisen as it looks fun & it links with the gc version of the game which i have.

Might see if i can track down the 3 missing hudson choice volume games. Still need adventure island, loadrunner & star soldier. Thankfully i already had pc genjin.

Comment

Aladdin is great, and it really blows away the MD version.
                              Don’t go there... it certainly does not!!!

Comment

So what do the F-Zero eReader cards do; unlock more characters/cars?

Comment

Working...
                                X