Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
    Thanks for your impressions Tobal.
    This sounds exactly as it looks then. Another EA product shamelessly designed for loot boxes and DLC. I suspect this will be biowares last game before EA shut them down.
    FORUM AUTOMEME TRIGGERED

Comment

Demo is awesome, can't wait for the final game

Comment

At this point EA could make a game so good that the Internet explodes in to a frenzy over it and I'll still avoid it like the plague. They are the Donald Trump of the gaming world.

Comment

[MENTION=938]Tobal[/MENTION]

Thanks for the impressions. No way will I get into another one of these games, still playing D2 and the gameplay loop of antham just sounds crap, doesn’t surprise me in the least that the flying isn’t an integral part of combat.

No one will ever come close to Destiny’s unbelievably tight shooting mechanics.

I’m out for this full stop.
          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 26-01-2019, 12:35.

Comment

Didn't talk about the loot,

The shop is locked out so no investigating that. There are 2 currencies, Gold coins and some other number in purple i forget the name of, Gold coins are earned in game got about 150 of them for finishing the 3 story missions and 1 raid, this let you buy vanity items, which at the moment are locked to 25 coins each and unlocks include new models, colours and details, which is stated by the demo to be lower cost than release game.. i'll say you do not get lot of mileage out of it even at 25 coins. The purple coins, im going to assume are the RMT stuff which isn't buyable yet.

Couldn't see any options to buy weapons or ability upgrades using the coins (which is good), it all drops and craftables (gained by mission rewards or mob drops). You'll get a list of what weapon type you can make and the rarity of it which then rolls a RNG for DMG and extra stats. All armour is vanity stuff, you only change stats underneath with plugins(level locked and limited to 5 spaces) and change up the abilities, however at level 13 i've still only got the base abilities unlocked.

You can't see what your getting when you pick up loot drops, just weapon-common/uncommon etc,etc, which is bit crap, have to wait till you return to town to get the appraisals.

I think the biggest problem this game faces is complete lack of flexible options available, not being able to change your setup in the field is huge mistake, so you can quite easily go into mission which has little description about what you're going to be doing with weapons that are a disadvantage.
            Last edited by Tobal; 26-01-2019, 12:56.

Comment

I unlocked the 2nd suit and I’m doing much more fighting from the air way better than the first suit. Seems you can have a go with them all depending how far you take the demo.

With the hidden loot I hope it’s going to be like division 2 where it is hidden until the end of the mission so you can be given a useful item.
              Last edited by djtickle; 26-01-2019, 19:17.

Comment

I definitely won't be buying it. Shooting mechanics are awful, not improved from last time I played it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                  Did about 5 hours on the "VIP" demo (i pre-ordered on amazon, got code and cancelled) on the Ps4 pro. It's basically warfame with graphics barely better than it and occasional flying which by going on all the press footage i thought it was all about this flying stuff but it's just there to get you from and to each waypoint which so far been standard kill mooks, guard point for bit, pick up item and drop in this device and occasion boss you'll be shooting at for 20-30mins. Those looking for a quality bioware single player story telling will not find it here, thankfully they like you skip everything (almost like they knew it was terrible and boring).

With the "stamina" on the flying being about 10 seconds if you don't have cooldown status (by getting close to water) and with it on doubles that timer at most (occasionally resets if you get into deep water), it's mostly useless in combat as it makes you a sitting duck for the very sharp aim of enemies, of which they always throw about 10-15 enemies at you all the time (casing lag hiccups and randomly tanking the fps) so even if you manage to air dodge some bullets or rockets, the next volley will be on its way and ending up just dodging till your engine overheats, so you'll spend your time on the floor like warframe and destiny popping out some cover to shoot some bullets and let off the abilities.

Make sure to go into the forge after the 1st mission, you can't edit loadouts in field, it can only be done in town. 2 weapons, universal ammo, pretty quick cooldowns on the 3 ability slots and 1 super move. You'll start as only the ranger which has bullet dome shield, 1 heat seeking missile and a grenade, with the super being a barrage of lock on missiles, pretty standard in all areas. Once i got to lvl 12 i could unlock 1 other suit so picked the tank class... pretty steep learning curve as it comes with no recharge personal shield like ranger (and i assume the 2 suits), you have to pull out a shield which will soak up damage from the front, but sadly doesn't take much punishment for it to go down, can only recharge when put away and you can't shoot or use abilities outside the melee strike (becomes shield bash), though you can run with it and do attack similar to the sentinel from destiny shoulder charge. Apart from that you get access to 2 damaging abilities which have quite a start up delay to use, and AoE warcry to agro all mobs in range.

Other tips, turn off motion blur (made me feel sick) and you'll often find the matchmaking into missions pause the load bar about 1 inch from completion which happened 4 out 6 times, just force close the program and restart, it will then say you had a "mission" open and would you like to rejoin it. Also doesn't seem to be away to go straight into hover mode, you have fly first then aim, which always moves you out of position on something you wanted to attack.

Overall a very average looter game, outclassed by Destiny in combat feel and graphics, its one niche being the flying it doesn't use in combat and actively feels like it punishes you for doing so (i was forced once to jump a fire wave boss attack, which didn't even need flying and hover, could have just double jumped)
                  I gave the base Javelin a good go and i would agree with your above comments for the most part, but switching out to the storm or interceptor and its a totally different story the. storm hovers about constantly and spends a lot more time in the air dishing out lighting and frost attacks in a more support role. where as the Interceptor is crazy fast dishing out quick melee attacks while being able to dodge in and out of combat and move much faster than the other classes in the air.

All the javelins seem to have a real different feel and what we are seeing here is the base version of each of these classes, there seemed to be in the demo a lot of scope for upgrading things like flight time shields weaponry etc. We are just scratching the surface here of what each javelin is capable of.

As for the DLC this is all free and will be paid for by the cosmetic store which is similar to Titan-fall 2, with the sale of premium skins for your javelin suporting the game going forward and making it so their isn't a split community when new DLC launches.

i enjoyed what i played yeah its not a patch on destiny in the gun play department but i had fun with what was here id compare it more to a space themed division than a destiny rival.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 28-01-2019, 11:25.

Comment

By the sounds of things, it's a good job it's releasing at a quiet time of yea...oh

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      By the sounds of things, it's a good job it's releasing at a quiet time of yea...oh
                      The demo is a **** show buts its a six month old build, me and my friends really enjoyed its a multiplayer game after all and i can see myself having fun with this with a group of friends. its getting some pretty positive impressions elsewhere, (angry Joe has made quite a good vid on it) don't lets get into the negativity we seem to feed off of here at times. Looking at the thread one persons not liked it (tobal) one persons thinks its decent Me.

Comment

I'd be very very surprised if this build was 6 months old - that'd be pre-alpha. Maybe six weeks, unless the aim was to prevent people from buying it so you didn't have to fork out for more servers.

Comment

I've enjoyed both the demo's so far. I'll expect the final game to be more polished, it's just a demo and when the demo works its fantastic fun and looks and sound amazing and like somthing from Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I'd be very very surprised if this build was 6 months old - that'd be pre-alpha. Maybe six weeks, unless the aim was to prevent people from buying it so you didn't have to fork out for more servers.
                            I've been following it quite closely they have had a demo team tasked with putting a demo together a line has to be drawn so they split from the development team 6 months back to develop the demo with the build they had then. The final game has had six months more work on it.

Comment

For me, I'm going to err on the side of skipping it for now because, to be honest, I can't remember the last time I played a beta/alpha/demo and it wasn't reflective of the final experience. The final game might be okay but I have enough doubt from what I've read and seen in vids to slide away from it. I definitely could have been tempted but with Division 2 not far behind it, and coming after the excellent first entry, I think wait and see on that is the way to go for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                For me, I'm going to err on the side of skipping it for now because, to be honest, I can't remember the last time I played a beta/alpha/demo and it wasn't reflective of the final experience. The final game might be okay but I have enough doubt from what I've read and seen in vids to slide away from it. I definitely could have been tempted but with Division 2 not far behind it, and coming after the excellent first entry, I think wait and see on that is the way to go for me.
                                Division excellent first entry??? is that rose tinted glasses? the game was a massive let down at launch and it took a year and a half to get itself sorted out, the absolutely awful DLC Phoenix down, which was hyped as being a destiny style raid was a single room with you and a tank for half an hour, it was full of bugs and exploits and you could pretty much just exploit your way to a decent level and a decent load out, by teleporting yourself through walls and skipping missions completely.

The story was slight and after that was done the best way to level up and get loot was to just grind out or exploit the same strikes over and over. Yes they fixed things but it took a hell of a long time to get there and it really did feel like a lot of the season pass stuff should of been in the game from the start.

Comment

Working...
                                X