Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kryss View Post
    Actually there are areas where Tailraiders throw ropes around monsters you've mounted to help you capture them. That's a step in that direction.
    Of course, yeah, I forgot - more of that!! The tethering of beasties in Horizon ZD was a pretty fun mechanic, too.

Comment

I agree that there should be a clear distinction between capturing and killing so its not just a case of "this monster is a pain at his final phase so I'm gonna go in for a trap". imagine fights that where more focused on capture then hacking it to bits with different tactics and weapons required for the whole fight. All backed up by a scores based on the monsters condition. So its more about tiring the monster out than damaging it, we already get visual ques that a monster is tired so the system is half their already. It could be like a giant game of cat and mouse with you as the bait leading him into traps that force it to use its energy to free itself, building road blocks that require it to bash through areas so it can escape.

You could even have a whole new sets based around trapping and bait, one guy is dressed up like a lump of stinky meat that brings dinos into areas for ambushs while the rest of your team are all in camo armour that masks their smell and visual appearance. Id imagine you could get some really creative set pieces going on too, funneling monsters down trap corridors so you can push logs/rocks on them and have them fall down pits ect or get trapped in vines.
      Last edited by Lebowski; 26-06-2018, 15:26.

Comment

^ Stinky Meat Ghillie... I luvs it!!

EDIT: I redeemed my humiliating carting to Teostra last night by offing him solo with a 'weapon' amounting to little more than a ladybird on a lollypop stick. HR 28 get. Bow to the king of MH.
        Last edited by Golgo; 27-06-2018, 11:38.

Comment

Summer Twilight Festival coming on July 13th. Another new redecoration of the gathering hall, daily bounties (inc. Sunday ones that still give gold wyverian prints), new handler + poogie costumes, event quest recaps, item sales... it's looking quite likely that Behemoth will come right after the end of it too.

The post-launch support for this game rules.

Comment

After two terrible group failures again AT Vaal Hazak, I made a new set consisting of a mix of Hazak alpha/beta armour and a fire element Tulse hammer double augmented with health regen. Solo'ed it in about 30 mins. Win.

Comment

Over one-bleeding-hundred Jyuratodus killed/captured, and I still haven't even got a SILVER crown, let alone a gold for the miniature version of him.

Comment

Summer festival has started with every single event posted up so you can go grab all the armour/weapons/layer bits you've missed since it launched. USJ event 1 for is back with the 1st part of the azure sword and 3 mini jags.

New stuff is diver themed HR armour, stats and slots are pretty bad and is clearly a starter armour to get some nice defense for new players or those lagging behind, gained via completing the daily bounties to get summer tickets, not figured out where the black ticket comes from for the swimsuit layer.

took this of reddit for a breakdown of what event gives what

-Every Hunter's Dream - Hunt a low rank Paolumu and Rathalos in the Arena. Gives Master Craftsman's Blueprints for the "Wyvern Ignition" Greatsword. Total of 5 blueprints needed.

-Midnight Mayhem - Slay 10 Gastodon in the Arena. Gives First Fleet Tickets for the "Sapphire Star Lance" Lance. Total of 3 tickets needed.

-USJ: Gold Star Treatment - Hunt 3 low rank Great Jagras in the Arena. Gives Azure Star Shards for the "Azure Star Blade" Longsword (The other USJ quest, which is still not available, is needed to upgrade it) and the low rank "Azure Star" palico armor pieces / weapon. Total of 6 shards needed. Also gives both gold crowns for Great Jagras.

-Lessons of the Wild (PS4 Only) - Slay 8 low rank Barnos in the Arena. Gives Watcher Lenses for the "Watcher" low rank palico full armor set / weapon. Total of 3 Lenses needed.

-The Proving (PS4 Only) - Hunt a high rank Anjanath in the Ancient Forest. Gives Nora Brave Trophies for the high rank "Aloy" full armor set and the "Aloy's War Bow" Bow. Total of 9 Trophies needed. Also gives the large gold crown for Anjanath.

-A Rush of Blood - Hunt 2 high rank Odogaron in the Arena. Gives Mega Man Tickets for the high rank "Mega Man" palico full armor set / weapon. Total of 5 tickets needed. Also gives the small gold crown for Odogaron.

-Code: Red - Hunt a high rank Anjanath, Odogaron, Rathalos, and Teostra in the Arena. Gives Red Orbs for the high rank "Dante" armor pieces and the "Dante's Devil Sword" Charge Blade. Total of 7 orbs needed.

-Scrapping with the Shamos - Hunt 13 high rank Shamos in the Coral Highlands. Gives Black Bandages for the high rank "Sealed Eyepatch" head armor piece. Total of 2 Bandages needed.

-A Flash in the Pan - Hunt 3 high rank Tzitzi-Ya-Ku in the Arena. Gives Black Crystal Tickets for the high rank "Shadow Shades" head armor piece and the "Shadow Shades" layered armor piece. Total of 4 tickets needed.

-Egg Lovers United - Hunt a high rank Kulu-Ya-Ku in the Arena. Gives Kulu-Ya-Ku Tickets for the high rank "Kulu-Ya-Ku Head" head armor piece. Total of 3 tickets needed. Also gives the large gold crown for Kulu-Ya-Ku.

-Wiggle Me This - Deliver 10 Wigglers in the Coral Highlands. Gives Wiggler Tickets for the high rank "Wiggler Head" head armor piece. Total of 3 tickets needed.

-The Deathly Quiet Curtain - Hunt an Arch-Tempered Vaal Hazak in the Rotten Vale. Gives Vaal Hazak Tickets for the high rank "Vaal Hazak γ" armor pieces and the "Death Stench" layered armor set. Total of 7 tickets needed.

-A Whisper of White Mane - Hunt an Arch-Tempered Kirin in the Coral Highlands. Gives Kirin Tickets for the high rank "Kirin γ" armor pieces and the "Blossom" layered armor set. Total of 7 tickets needed.

-Vespoid Infestation! (Arena Quest) - Slay 30 low rank Vespoid in the Special Arena. Gives Spring Insect Field Guides for the low rank "Queen Beetle" armor pieces. Total of 5 guides needed.

-Down the Dark, Muddy Path (Arena Quest) - Slay a low rank Barroth in the Arena. Gives SFV Tickets for the low rank "Ryu" full armor set. Total of 7 tickets needed. Also gives the large gold crown for Barroth.

-Gajalaka Outbreak! (Arena Quest) - Defeat 10 Gajalaka in the Arena. Gives Summer Insect Field Guides for the high rank "Queen Beetle" armor pieces and the "Butterfly" layered armor set. Total of 7 guides needed (+5 if you want both the alpha and beta armor sets).

-Empress in Full Bloom (Arena Quest) - Slay a Pink Rathian in the Arena. Gives SFV Ticket II for the high rank "Sakura" full armor set. Total of 4 tickets needed.

-The Awakened Satsui No Hado (Arena Quest) - Slay a Nergigante in the Arena. Gives SFV Ticket III for the high rank "Ryu" full armor set. Total of 4 tickets needed.

-Daily Bounties and Login Bonus - Gives Summer Twilight Tickets for the low and high rank "Diver" armor pieces, the "Diver" layered armor set, the "Shadow Shades" layered armor piece, and the low and high rank "Aloha" palico armor pieces / weapons. Total of 15 tickets needed (+8 if you want both the low and high rank sets).

Last edited by Tobal; 14-07-2018, 14:24.

Comment

Ive only just started this game and only Hunter Rank 4, so cant do most of these events. Whats the best way of increasing my rank? Go through story mode?

Comment

If you don't go through the story you can't advance your rank. Don't worry about what you miss this time as there'll be an Autumn festival as well as a Winter one.

Comment

If you don't go through the story you can't advance your rank. Don't worry about what you miss this time as there'll be an Autumn festival as well as a Winter one.
                      Ive managed to get to the point where I have to face the three elder dragons so I can do all of the special quests that Im interested in. Trying to do the Code: Red event to get the Dante weapon and armor but out of about 15 tries Ive only managed to beat it twice. That's with a full party of high rank hunters as well. The final fight is an absolute pain.

If anyone wants to add me my PSN gamertag is MajorBritten.

Comment

I've been doing that event with mate to get the dante armour for him, who's at the same point as you(2of 3 beaten). He's now at 303def with 3 fire resist Dec gems plugged in using a shieded HBG and large resist food so he can survive fire attacks and charges.

I usually go in with hammer and use the slope smash him to bits and stacking mega bomb barrels at the door can knock him down straight away for free hit opener.

Not online on the much between Tues and weds. If I see you online I'll come help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                          If anyone wants to add me my PSN gamertag is MajorBritten.
                          Added you. Message me when you see me online.

Although I may be spending today on the new update for No Man's Sky, and I'm camping Weds/Thurs.

Comment

Always up for helping also! Have just sent a request your way

My update: I AM FINALLY DONE WITH THAT FISHY BASTARD

ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE OF THEM, BUT NO MORE!

(assuming it's pre-DLC monsters only, that's me down to 6 mini and 5 giant crowns left...)

Comment

And here I was thinking you mean The Ancient. Still haven't caught that damn thing.

Comment

And here I was thinking you mean The Ancient. Still haven't caught that damn thing.
                                Comparatively, I've caught him twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X