No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tobi's Kadachi Lion 3 is a good beginner gun, low requirements to make, low recoil and comes with snipe. Uses Pierce 1-3, thunder, sticky2 and Slice ammo. For the most part you can get away with 1 shield, 1 reload, 1 recoil and get the guardup and guard extras of the uragaan (ideally just hands, waist, legs) and then slot in attack or defence stuff as you see fit.

As far stats you want,
    Free ammo gives bigger mags, generally you need lvl3 to benefit the higher ammos (like Pierce3 and Slice)
    Focus greatly improves the recharge for special ammo snipe/heart
    Special ammo improves snipe/heart damage to 20% so would work well with focus build
    Artillery improves sticky ammo damage which is used for impact damage so also works well with Stun % stats.
    Ammo Shots (normal, pierce, spread) give 10% increase, not really worth it, unless you can get a gem with it on.
    Pierce and Slice work well with weakness mod.
    Make sure to stack plant material and ammo in your inventory and box so you can pull from your box in game for refills. So for Lion3 gun you would want a stack of slash berries in your inventory to turn into slice ammo, and latchberries for pierce1, which you need combine with gunpowder3 to make pierce3.. can be alot to take in.

Comment

Max out your farm as well and just have it churn out blastnut, slashberry, latchberry. I hope you picked up all the ammo from quests when you weren't using a gun, because that'll mean you have 1000+ pierce lvl1, normal lvl2, etc. You can burn through ammo pretty quickly.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll see what I've accumulated in my messy inventory but will probably aim for the Kadachi one first I think as I used my best Zorah Magda parts on the hammer. Unfortunately I have no residual ammo in my inventory at all. It's empty. I sold it all for nothing as I thought I didn't want to try this path but now I do...

Comment

Farming and crafting is the cheapest way to build it up, don't worry.

Comment

Went on a two man run several times against Kulve Taroth last night. Such idiocy was never going to end well, and it didn't. Was a grin though, and I bashed off enough bits to kit out my Palico who now looks gorgeously resplendent in golden fur.

Ooh, also killed that pain-in the butt Bazelgeuse for first time. Damn that felt good. Whole team was going mental.

Comment

Trying to split what little time I've had on the game this week between doing the weeklies, running the gold crown event quest, Kulve, Lunastra, and AT Kirin... which I did get two tickets from in one quest last night! Very nice.

Very nearly at the 300 hour mark on this, and though I'm still loving it I am starting to think I should be playing some other things!

Comment

I have 2 of 3 Lunastra HBG, so have a nice pick between the two. Although for AT Kirin I still use Gemitus due to the +20 def.
                Kind of done with Kulve. 3 more Kirin tickets for the gamma set and already have (and rocking) the blossom layered armour. Noticed USJ events are on again so got another couple of Azure Stargems

Comment

Arch-Tempered Vaal Hazak is easier than Kirin is, but still a bit of a sod. Even with maximum effluvia resistance you'll still be losing health if you're too close.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Arch-Tempered Vaal Hazak is easier than Kirin is, but still a bit of a sod. Even with maximum effluvia resistance you'll still be losing health if you're too close.
                    Me and my buddy had a pretty good set up he used a hunting horn and is constantly buffing effluvia resistance and I'm using an Extermination's Edge with elder seal that stops him doing his cloud slam as often. You can then stay near him, and the only real danger he poses is when he dose his effluvia laser roar thing. his roar blast is really easy to dodge if your right on top of him, the only time we've failed this is when low levels come in and use up all your carts.

Comment

I typically switch out for my Nerg CB when dealing with tougher elder dragons now, and thankfully that's got health regen on it which should help? With regular tempered VH, I don't get hit so much, but usually end up taking in the health and cleanser boosters just to try and help stave off the AOE effluvial stuffs. Ah, I'll give him a shot at some point anyway, and see how horrendously it goes.

(for the record I'm still salty as all hell that I've not had one single drop to enable me to augment my rarity 6/7 charge blades)

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                        Me and my buddy had a pretty good set up he used a hunting horn and is constantly buffing effluvia resistance and I'm using an Extermination's Edge with elder seal that stops him doing his cloud slam as often. You can then stay near him, and the only real danger he poses is when he dose his effluvia laser roar thing. his roar blast is really easy to dodge if your right on top of him, the only time we've failed this is when low levels come in and use up all your carts.
                        See, I don't take a hit from the blast when I have my HBG out, but even with effluvia lvl3 I'm taking damage within a certain radius that never happened with tempered. Failed 3 times and won once this morning. I can see why people are soloing it.

Comment

His physical attack damage seems a bit BS to me, when in with S'n'S, with 517 defense, and 35 odd dragon defense and got 1hit KO'd with a short charge attack when i was busy attacking his belly.

Comment

Phew! 5 done and all 5 Y's made. Ended up going the horn route with tes's horn for divine protection, status effectup and negate misma(which freed me to use 3 other gems), rolling with 5xearplug, 3xmedical,3xregen,3xgobbler,5xfriendship,2xVit,1xB race,1xhorn and 3xdragon resist. Basically played whitemage, even then far to many people getting wipeout by the lazer breath attack which i can't help him with even if divine goes it still 1hit ko's... took 7 attempts to get the last win and with that last win i buffed the team 378 times, 15mins on item use....struggle!

Comment

Just had my first couple of shots at him - two failures with randoms, but figured I'd give it a shot solo, where I got my first clear. Was a bit of a slog though - had to go back to camp for mega potions at one point, and certainly wasn't cart-free...

I like that he's changed up his style a little, but even with full effluvial and blight resist, plus the Vaal extra-recovery, quadruple speed recovery, *and* a weapon augmented for health regeneration, it is still horrendously punishing. I would say that it's even more necessary to build a set specifically for this fight than it was for Kirin...

There's some small little touches too - like him *never* wanting to go to the area where you can drop the falling fangs/boulders on him, and even that in his final area, he'll actually sleep in the bloody effluvial water rather than his usual spot - so, so un-necessarily rough

On the plus side - when I saw Odogaron was in there too I was surprised and quite angry, but as it turns out the turf war is more helpful than the odd hit or two is a hindrance...

Comment

Double post - but MAN, gear is even more of a big deal than I realised in this fight. I went and watched how some people approached it, applied some of the thinking to my set, and then my second solo run was a walk in the park compared to the first.

The big one for me was working in Effluvial Expert (which I completely missed, and can be had from the Girros Coil β) which nullifies the environmental drain, and then just being kind enough to myself and slot in 3 Vitality gems for some breathing room. I've still got 3 Vaal pieces and enough gems for the other Effluvial resist, and keeping myself topped up became so much easier once I started doing this. With health regeneration, being able to be less cautious works in your favour too, and it just felt like a completely different fight.

I'm quite looking forwards to farming the rest of the tickets now. BTW, as well as the 5 γ pieces, there's also another layered set (Death Stench) for two tickets from the bounty counter - so it's seven total, unless I get lucky again and get two tickets from the one run...

Comment

Working...
                                X