No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm around half way through the storied missions now, the last night and tonight more going to Shadow of the Colossus. From a purely personal standpoint I think, at the moment, the game will end when the credits roll. I'm enjoying it and there's a lot that's positive about it I could say especially compared to the past entries but I don't feel too much drive to collect full armour sets etc which means the gameplay loop will only hold my interest as long as major new content keeps coming. It's nice going to new regions and even discovering new areas in them like in the first area when you start to really go vertically up. As soon as that kind of thing ends I don't think the kill/repeat cycle will hold my attention but I certainly couldn't hold that as a complaint against the game.

Comment

I'm up to 199 hours now. HR71 and I'm still yet to unlock augmenting. I thought nine elder dragons on the spin last night. Why does it torture me so?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Mastering different weapons is great way to prolong the game. Of course there are tempered mobs after the credits and even more. Also, playing with friends as always been the reason this game has done so well.

Comment

I'm about to go toe to toe with Kirin and im going to try and emulate this guy's meaty hitting great swordery.

Comment

I've found a way to farm jewels. It takes a little time and requires a save state, but you can get anything you want. Seeing as random drops are not being kind to me and I have about 15 Flight Jewel 2 that I'm never going to use, I've decided to cheat the system to get what I want.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Did a [MENTION=9333]kryss[/MENTION] style wake up to your doom style on Kirin...

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                I'm about to go toe to toe with Kirin and im going to try and emulate this guy's meaty hitting great swordery.

hes not just hitting it hard hes playing to the kirin weaknesses hes staying close and to its side.

Most of its attacks are straight on attacks so the safest spot is to its side, he never strays infront of it and if he dose he quickly rolls out of its path. top tactics and excellent use of the great sword.
                Last edited by Lebowski; 07-03-2018, 16:51.

Comment

No totally, the positioning is god-like. I tried it. I did really well. Got lots of Thunderhorns.

Comment

I died twice in one hunt! [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] got the laughs tonight. Good hunting though fellas.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yeah, good huntin'.
                      Thanks for your help @Lebowski and @TwoFaints.
                      Last edited by QualityChimp; 08-03-2018, 08:51.

Comment

Xeno sustained blast attacks don't even take anything off my stamina now Guard lvl5 and Guard Up doing their job properly.
                        Tempered Kirin attacks are the same way, I just brush them off. Sadly the same was not true for the 3 I was questing with earlier. Don't answer an SOS if you can't survive to the end of the quest.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          I died twice in one hunt! [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] got the laughs tonight. Good hunting though fellas.
                          Negigante's dive bombs get the best of us, we got him done for chimp though so thats what's important. its not like we where really concentrating either was great to have a natter with like minded people

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

Epic solo hunt.

Comment

It's Unicorn abuse!

Comment

I’m glad that Kirin took such a beating. After the s**t head kicked the crap out of me and abused me so much in PSP freedom unite it deserves nothing less, take that arch nemesis!

Comment

Working...
                                X