Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No! No cheating!

I've used Bombardier gems together with Wyvernsnipe for most of High rank, you tried that?

Comment

no as fresh faced monster hunter i thought bombardier only worked with bomb barrels and the like which is why i go with x3 artillery which does effect shell damage by 30% and wyvern cooldown. So i assume it does then? does it work on blast damage?

Comment

Bombardier increases all explosive damage. Perhaps it doesn't boost Wyvernsnipe? I've got no real way of telling considering how hit or miss it can be when targeting. I should use the Special Ammo boost instead really, but then I can't have level 3 Partbreaker.

Comment

tested bombardier, no effect on wyvern attacks or shells on lance, and no effect on snipe or even stickies/cluster(which does increase on artillery), so i'm sure it just bombs

i was pretty lucky to get a gold rare 8 HBG with wyvern snipe on it so i was testing it out last week, and also didn't know HBG with no elemental ammo on them work with the no-elemental DMG up gem, so im rocking 354 DMG.

Comment

Back off holiday and the first thing I wanted to play was still this. Still can't get enough

For those of you still on it, how are you getting on with augments? Have killed many tempered tier 2/3 monsters, and I've only had one drop (naturally for the wrong weapon class) so far...

Comment

war and hero stones are poor drop rates, i usually farm them when the relish event (a hard tempered jho fight) is on which dramatically increases the drop rate, and so far it's been on 2 twice (perhaps we'll get it for 1 week each month, by the looks of it)

Comment

The Relish quest is great when your teammates don't let you down.

Comment

Encountered the most bizarre thing the other day. Fired off a flare for some high rank jolly coop. Along comes some bloke who immediately demanded "Drop your goods or I cart!" I ignored naturally as I was busy getting whupped by an Anjanath and he immediately got himself haplessly carted. Only 2 continues remaining now. He came back and did it again. Same threat. Ignored. Carted himself. Re-spawned, came piling over yet again uttering the same ludicrous threat. Luckily I worked out how to kick him before he used up my last continue but the ensuing carve/reward was paltry by that point. I was more amused than annoyed. What manner of consummate bell-end tries to extort a few random potions and pills from a lower rank player?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                    Encountered the most bizarre thing the other day. Fired off a flare for some high rank jolly coop. Along comes some bloke who immediately demanded "Drop your goods or I cart!" I ignored naturally as I was busy getting whupped by an Anjanath and he immediately got himself haplessly carted. Only 2 continues remaining now. He came back and did it again. Same threat. Ignored. Carted himself. Re-spawned, came piling over yet again uttering the same ludicrous threat. Luckily I worked out how to kick him before he used up my last continue but the ensuing carve/reward was paltry by that point. I was more amused than annoyed. What manner of consummate bell-end tries to extort a few random potions and pills from a lower rank player?
                    😆. Wtf. Kids these days.

Comment

Find they name in your recently met players and block him. Tell us too so we can.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Find they name in your recently met players and block him. Tell us too so we can.
                        Yep. Capcom actually allow players to show up in this list, unlike bungie who block you from being able to deal with cheaters.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 15-05-2018, 08:32.

Comment

What manner of consummate bell-end...?
                          Funny story, but I just wanted to quote that excellent turn of phrase!

Comment

Took down Nergigante last night \(^0^)/

...when I say 'took down', however, I mean I got wiped out once solo, wiped out again in coop, and on a third attempt somehow recruited a bunch of mad bombers who took turns returning to base to stock up on barrel bombs and jumping bombs - something that I soon joined in on - and we literally blasted the poor thing to pieces. Wasn't the most elegant victory.

Comment

Took down Nergigante last night \(^0^)/

...when I say 'took down', however, I mean I got wiped out once solo, wiped out again in coop, and on a third attempt somehow recruited a bunch of mad bombers who took turns returning to base to stock up on barrel bombs and jumping bombs - something that I soon joined in on - and we literally blasted the poor thing to pieces. Wasn't the most elegant victory.
                              My advice. Now you’ve beaten him farm Vaal Hazzak for its armour then return to farm Nergigante for weapon mats. Nergigante is by far the tougher monster.

Use a great sword to chop the creatures up as well.

Comment

Ta. I think I just need to 'finish' it now, though. I don't think I've got the stamina to grind on for the long haul, although I'll be keen to dip back in for seasonal stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X