Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    Here's a question: What conditions make a monsters health reset to 100%? I spent a good while whittling the bone armour off one and getting it all the way down to limping, it tried to flee to another area so as usual I sharpened my blade then headed off in pursuit and when I reached it the armour was back and it was at full health again
    It wasn't back at full health. Even when they limp, they can still attack as though they aren't limping.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

What would have made it recover all its body armour?

It was this fella:

Comment

It's not real, mate.

Comment

What was I Playing?!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's a regen animation where it shakes like a dog that's been in a lake and they grow again.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              What would have made it recover all its body armour?

It was this fella:

its covered in tar as its rolling about it picks up the bones they smash off easily enough, its health will of still been low it only regens a tiny amount, getting to it quickly will finish the fight quicker though so dont wander off exploring.

Said it a few pages back but to stop them buggering off save the thorn or dragon pods they drop till the end of the fight as these have the ability to instantly agro them and stop them running off.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                I'm having fun, still, but I seem to be playing this at a different pace to everyone else.
                Should I continue on my slow trajectory or start cracking on?

I feel like I'm the old lady who swallowed a horse to catch the cow, goat, dog, cat, bird, spider and fly.
                I'm hunting the Tobi-Kadachi to get the Legiana, I'm hunting the Legiana to catch the Odagoron and so on.
                Thats why it’s taking you ages. You don’t need specific weapons for a specific monster. Sure, it helps, but you’re wasting time. Get a Thunder weapon and that should see you through until the endgame when you should then start making different weapons.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]. You should have the mats for a decent hammer by now. Get yourself the first thunder hammer on the iron tree and start smashing the F out of those besties. I’m only 18 hour in and already up to that monster above superman is having trouble with and managed it solo with pretty crap armour.

Comment

Cheers chaps.
                    Grabbing the biggest weapon and bashing your way to victory served MrKirov too!

I'll be on about half eight if anyone is around?

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's a regen animation where it shakes like a dog that's been in a lake and they grow again.
                      They take on mud for armour, and you have to break it off, or use a water pod in your slinger!

Comment

I love hearing your various adventures!

I'm so far behind.
                        I was looking at upgrading some weapons and there's a few parts still not revealed.
                        I looked at the wiki and there's a whole bunch of other monsters I've not even met yet and I'm just shy of 100 hours in!

I'm having fun, still, but I seem to be playing this at a different pace to everyone else.
                        Should I continue on my slow trajectory or start cracking on?

I feel like I'm the old lady who swallowed a horse to catch the cow, goat, dog, cat, bird, spider and fly.
                        I'm hunting the Tobi-Kadachi to get the Legiana, I'm hunting the Legiana to catch the Odagoron and so on.

Should I just push on with the levels, even though I feel underpowered?

I'm up to the first proper hunt of Nerigigante and he can take me out in two swipes.
                        Should I finish some hunting to improve my weapons and armour, die a few times trying to get him or fire an SOS just to get the mission done?
                        As long as you're enjoying it, what difference does it make how you play? I don't have the most powerful attack but nobody can take a hit like me - I got cornered by Nerg yesterday as I was doing some nice damage and he horn-smashed me 8 or 9 times, and I didn't take a lick of damage. Part of the enjoyment I derive from MH games is helping out when needed. On MHTri it used to be a case of people joining a room where some high levels were and asked for help with beating their next urgent quest. Or the high levels would switch between rooms to help out instead. I spend a lot of time and resources in quests just keeping others alive. Like when they have to go and tuck their son back in, no names: HOOLAK

I'm bowgunning until the end, then forging all the cool stuff that everyone wants to get. My first stop is more Nerg Horn + to make the charge axe.

Comment

Lol. Oh man, the amount of times I've been asleep in the middle of a Xeno'jiiva fight

But too right, this isn't a race. I get a couple of hours each evening (includes 1 hour potential nodding off. Some how ive made it to HR30. I've got a couple of things I want to check off. Some Xenojiiva armour and another decent heavy bowgun. Sure, J0e rinsed this in a week, but he never stopped to smell the Anjinath dung. I smelt it and accidentally fell asleep in it. It's Mr Bean goes to Monster Hunter World over here. Not played any thing else since its release. Which is pretty rare for me.

Comment

I'm still way behind

Comment

You mean you have this enjoyment ahead

Comment

Yeah, so I pootled about with no real agenda and had a lovely time.
                                Helped some other people with their quests, did some high and low rank hunts for some components and upgraded a few swords.
                                I'm a couple of parts shy of upgrading some of them, so I'm going to get those before moving on, I think.
                                Ice, water and thunder swords are all missing one component each for the next sword up.

I love how this can be a different game to different people.

Comment

Working...
                                X