No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah great news, [MENTION=2561]fishbowlhead[/MENTION].

Comment

Downloading MH:w now 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Have had two days of hard grind back on this since returning, now up to HR49 and about to prep for the tempered Kirin fight.

Still utterly enamoured with it; as much as I've loved MH before this feels like the one where the commitment to reward payoff sits just right, everything just works seamlessly, and I can see me going to go as far as I possibly can with it. There's always so much to be doing, so many things to tick off your grocery list of quests to finish, parts to gather, armour to build, bounties to fulfil and so on - it's scratching the collection itch so very well while also offering such a great core game at the heart. UGH.
        Shout if you need a hand with the t.Kirin, I'm still needing to farm Azure Horn.

Comment

Ok guys I can confirm that character save files are LOCAL to the system hard drive and not the cloud like Destiny.

Hopefully I can get the save file off the old hard drive from the dead system 😡

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Ok guys I can confirm that character save files are LOCAL to the system hard drive and not the cloud like Destiny.

Hopefully I can get the save file off the old hard drive from the dead system ��
            its always worth uploading your saves to the cloud if you have ps+ and you turn cloud saves on it ill upload and back up all your saves

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              its always worth uploading your saves to the cloud if you have ps+ and you turn cloud saves on it ill upload and back up all your saves
              Yup. Didn’t anticipate my motherboard going poof though to be honest. I had read comments saying the save file was cloud based but that’s clearly NOT the case.

Comment

FML. Old PS4 Hard drive cannot be read by plugging into PS4 direct via a USB port. Only gives the option to format and use as external storage.

RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE 🤬

Edit. Remembered that I had in fact set up save data auto upload to psn account. Yay!. Monster hunter won’t recognise the save file. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*!!!🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edit 2. I’ve just figured out why. The save data from my old console stored online has been overwritten from simply starting MH:W up yesterday, which then auto uploaded to the cloud and wiped my character, even though I didn’t save anything, it was a simple case of yep that works and can’t find my character and off again.

So pissed off right now.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-03-2018, 21:16.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  FML. Old PS4 Hard drive cannot be read by plugging into PS4 direct via a USB port. Only gives the option to format and use as external storage.

RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEE ��

Edit. Remembered that I had in fact set up save data auto upload to psn account. Yay!. Monster hunter won’t recognise the save file. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*!!!��������

Edit 2. I’ve just figured out why. The save data from my old console stored online has been overwritten from simply starting MH:W up yesterday, which then auto uploaded to the cloud and wiped my character, even though I didn’t save anything, it was a simple case of yep that works and can’t find my character and off again.

So pissed off right now.
                  That sucks, if you want some boosting to get some decent armor and weapons back I'm sure a few of us could boost you through the earlier missions. I've done this a few times and you can kill the earlier dino's in about 30 seconds with end game weapons.

Comment

What a n00b. I bet you're not even Hunter Rank 2 yet, loser.

I jest, of course. I can imagine losing all that progress must induce tears of rage and depression.
                    We'll happily help boost you through the early stages as it only gets going with the parts farming from HR onwards.
                    [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION], sorry about last night. We did the first couple of the final trilogy of dragons relatively easily (thanks to bagpipe buffs, mainly) and we were buoyant we'd nail the last one fairly quickly too. WRONG!

Testarossa beat us multiple times and we all swapped kit out to minimise his damage, but there were some pads ready to be thrown, I think.

If we'd have done it quick, we'd have jumped back in to your session, but we were humbled a bit, really.
                    We did a couple of Nergigante hunts at the end of the night, so he's a bit more do-able.
                    So, sorry, VP!

In other news, I "finished" the game!
                    Did the last boss (epic!) and got my final rank - HR26.
                    I was 29 by the end of the night, so it should go up a bit fairly fast at first.
                    Thanks to [MENTION=960]Lebowski[/MENTION] and chums for getting me through the last bit and having lots of useful advice, but not being condescending about it.

What an amazing game. I've really enjoyed playing it and look forward to farming some better kit.
                    A lot of people worked hard to make this game as revealed by the 37 minute long unskippable credits!

Comment

Anytime chimp its the social aspect that makes this game so much fun for me so while i could go all selfish and only fight tempered elder dragons on my own id find that quite boring so was happy to help. Also going back and doing elders never ever feels like your wasting your time as referenced last night by it giving me a Nergiagante gem, a Xeno Jiva gem and a Testorosa gem and a **** ton more materials .

yeah sorry [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] if you want help this eve i will be about also to kill some monsters

Comment

We played on Sunday night and agreed to do Teostra together on Monday. Sorry it took so long. You'd (quite understandably) quit out before we'd finished, but if you come on tonight, we'll get Nergigante done with you, [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION].

Comment

I played a little at the weekend. I can now finally augment. I now have every bow maxxed out too, even though I only use one of them. I need obscure stuff now like Uragaan Jaw, which nobody ever seems to answer my SOS for. I still need a Mighty Bow Gem too. It's only all of these small annoying things that are left for me. Deviljho needs to hurry up.
                          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 20-03-2018, 12:03.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Hoolak and I were on Uragaan on the weekend. There's a double ura event right now which gives lots of bits.

I need a good few Teostra gems, and a team that doesn't get wiped out when he does his novaflare...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                              Hoolak and I were on Uragaan on the weekend. There's a double ura event right now which gives lots of bits.

I need a good few Teostra gems, and a team that doesn't get wiped out when he does his novaflare...
                              I was messing about with the build last night and via various resistance gems and a high defense armour set i can get it so he only takes off 50% health if he try's that novaflare ****

Comment

Well I have a metal hammer and I’m getting online tonight to smash things over the head with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X