No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's today? I'm up for a Patrick Kluivert hunt for sure.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

finished up the spring event with a bit of boosting, the pink Rath and Legiana tempered quest can be done in five minutes with the right team and it helped me jump up 20 lvls yesterday. I'm fast approaching the 100s and am in the 80 odds now. A tactical bit of bandit mantel usage got me the million zenny achievment too. Gonna miss that event quest hope it comes back round soon.

I dipped my toe into the multi monster quests yesterday and their great fun, the slay five quests have a really good chance of having tiny versions of particular monsters, so if your chasing the tiny crowns their a great way to get them. i added another 5 to my total yesterday and it unlocked my tiny crown achievement. Their also quite relaxing fighting ikkle anjanaths and tiny Bazelguise, with mini health bars.

Comment

Which monster has the health regen armour set?

Edit. Found it.

Nergigante set gives health regen off attacks.

Val hazzak set give constant health regen.
        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 19-04-2018, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
          It's today? I'm up for a Patrick Kluivert hunt for sure.
          The update is supposed to be today, but i thought it would be tomorrow after the blossom fest ends.

Comment

Took my first Nergigante down last night. Now to grind for that armour 😁
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-04-2018, 13:09.

Comment

100 pages in less than three months - nice going, gang!

I am looking forwards to doing some Tulve quests soon - have done some reading/watching about it, and it looks like fun.

I finally finished upgrading my new armour set this weekend and have started using it; really enjoying the increased damage output, higher defence, and earplugs in general are a wonder to get back into active use. But I am also missing protective polish and the tonne of blue sharpness I had on my Nerg weapon

Comment

I'm well slow so just unlocked Rotten Vale and spent a few hours dealing with infections and pests, killed a couple of the main ones. It's a disappointing, unimaginative area compared to the others, trying to channel the Souls atmosphere but without the threat as you can stock up any number of remedies. Admittedly I'm a casual, but this is the first part of the game I've got slightly bored at.
                Last edited by Golgo; 21-04-2018, 08:28.

Comment

Done a couple of sieges now, have to go out a find tracks out in the field to open up the quest, then you need to join a server full of people as the only way to party up (and you'll need to) is in hub. Once there you can start a new 4 man party or join 1 already on going, each party is tallying there damage and research to a combined total to improve the drops at the end of the fight and move the fight on in to new fields.

4 Stages, with the monster ramping up in attacks and movement speed the more you break off him so it becomes a normal elderdragon fight not far off what xeno does. I quite enjoyed it after a few failures in stage 3 and 4 with people getting 1 shotted with only 3 carts for all 4 stages, but i think the overall research progress is kept until you win and pick up your rewards.. but it does mean having to start back at stage 1.

As for the rewards it does give out some synth items to build the armour set which is pretty decent stats for attackers and each armour beta has 2 gem slots with the first either 3slot or 2 slot entry. The weapons are completely different and much like an getting drops from a mmo raid, you appraise items you get straight into rare6,7,8 weapons with the rare 6 clearly meant for low level HR about HR5 to use (the entry is a 5 HR starter) so are trash to anyone with built rare 7'n'8's. My first completion got me 10 weapons, 7 r6's, 1 r7 and 2 r8 of which the gold shield looks alright to use and comes with a decent blue bar for sharpness not far of a nerg weapon, the other r8 was a bow which i'll likely not use.

Comment

Only gotten 1 r8 weapon so far after completing 3 sieges. But some of the lower rarity weapons are pretty decent too. I'd love to get a couple of heavy bowguns.

Comment

Was in a decent online session, 3 groups going for it and we maxed out the rewards on the 3rd run (2 escapes at stage 4) and we absolutely smashed him on the 3rd run, using a r8 gold thunder hammer(ele unlocked to 540 dmg, and 988 standard) with maxed part breaker and siege breaker maxed i ended up smashing 8 bits off him... anyway it was 2 r8's, 1 r7 and 9 r6's.

Comment

also missed the tutorial bit about the vanity armour... only on checking what the bushi slips are for, i went and bought most of the layered armour off the researchers and put on a samurai vanity outfit so i no longer look like i belong in a mardi gras.

Comment

I have a samurai one from the deluxe version of the game, I've just never used it.

Comment

Now got the dragon eye patch & 2 peices of nergagante armour. Now to grind for the rest of the set. Then it’s on to Vaal Hazzak for the last peice I need for the last stage of the poison hammer then his armour set.

Edit. After my first 3 successful runs using sos flair against nergy I then tried on my own. Got mauled, after he stopped abusing my palico and concentrated on me he made short work of me, no matter how much I would roll and dive he would spam and spam his roar to freeze me then take most my health off, not very fun, I need to get the heels that negate this big time. The next 3 runs were with groups that all carted due to being far too reckless, so gave up last night.

Edit 2. Earplugs are what I need.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-04-2018, 13:33.

Comment

My go to sets for Vaal are a fire S&S, 5 earplugs,3 weakness, 3 blight, 3 dragon, or go with a nerg weapon(mainly gsword).

live event yesterday showing some of the prototype and much different forest with a cut monster at the 33min mark, i do like all that cliff face climbing at the start.

Comment

My Vaal set is Magda Gemitus HBG, Eyepatch, Teostra arms, Uragaan torso, waist and greaves with guard charm, bomber x3, effluvia x3, elderseal x1.

Comment

Working...
                                X