No announcement yet.

Monster Hunter World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be having an in-game rememberance service for MrKirov on Friday afternoon.
    Last edited by kryss; 28-02-2018, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
      I guess I’ll just have to not get hit
      Amazing! That's my strategy!
      (I'm not very good at it...)

Comment

Wow, over 600 posts in this thread!
        Just think of the poor people missing out on the fun like [MENTION=4034]Atticus[/MENTION]
        (do it, do it, do it!)

"Pfffttt... You don't look so tough!"
        *ROAR*

Comment

Tempered Kirin down. First go, no respec

Comment

Tempered Kirin down. First go, no respec
            #

I genuinely thought you were doing street talk for a moment!

"You ain't go no respec', bruv!"

Comment

They stuck out the Horizon event at midnight, and knowing that I leave on holiday later today and don't get back until after it's finished, guess who stayed up till some ungodly hour farming that sodding Anjanath? I don't even have the required gems (1 Anjanath for the armour, 1 Wyvern for the bow upgrade) to actually *get* the things, but at least I've got the required event tokens...

Comment

They’ve said they are recurring them later on for anyone who misses them.

Comment

Kirin down with no respec. My dodging game is immense.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    They stuck out the Horizon event at midnight, and knowing that I leave on holiday later today and don't get back until after it's finished, guess who stayed up till some ungodly hour farming that sodding Anjanath? I don't even have the required gems (1 Anjanath for the armour, 1 Wyvern for the bow upgrade) to actually *get* the things, but at least I've got the required event tokens...
                    Same. I just wasted the gems building sets earlier. I have the basic Aloy set at least. It only took two hunts. Lol
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I jumped into that quest last night only to have the other guy get wiped out 3 times.
                      I'll be back on to help Hoolak with Teostra again tonight. It would be nice if we could get Xeno done as well.

Comment

So even though I beat Tempered Kirin, not augmentation unlocked for me, anything more I need to do?

That Aloy skin quest is simple, but I have no anjanath gem, and I sure as hell ain’t farming them.

Comment

So even though I beat Tempered Kirin, not augmentation unlocked for me, anything more I need to do?

That Aloy skin quest is simple, but I have no anjanath gem, and I sure as hell ain’t farming them.
                          You need to farm tempered elder dragons to get a stone to drop. That will unlock augmentation.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So, thanks to QC I have the game. I have literally just an hour on it in the evening so my progress is close to non-existent, basically just enough to get a taste of the experience so I can begin to gauge whether this is something I want to commit to long term or not, especially as co-op is close to ruled out thanks to the ridiculous restrictions on my time.

First impressions were visual thanks to how long the chatting intro is. I'm still trying out the difference performance modes to find one I'm happy with. The game's art direction is very good so I can see why so many find it a looker but at the same time I can see Boris's issues as well as whilst it's artistically strong I don't feel it's technically strong, HDR still seems to be off as well as at best it looks saturated and at worse no different but that's a small niggle that doesn't impact the game at all.

For my character I ended up with a female one who has a strong similarity to Lightning from FFXIII for some reason, my cat friend seems to automatically go about his business ignoring me and just trying to whack enemies. I have absolutely no idea about the names of stuff in this game, they don't stick in my mind at all but weapon wise I have what I think is long sword or similar as I can't guard and it looks like an oversized samurai sword I've managed to upgrade once but I think that was more an example upgrade. So, once I started doing the initial three or four hunts, taking me up to HR2, it's been a case of acclimatising myself to knowing when to spot a tell and evade. The first thing I hit a wall with was the combat, it's something that is immediately poor but not in a broken way merely it's nowhere near as polished as it should be. So far I've kind of found the lock on to be pretty useless, instead I've just made sure to get used to positioning the camera as best I can so I keep my main target in clear view so I can line up the slow attacks I make as I've immediately slipped into triangle-triangle strikes as the animation cancels out quite fast after that allowing me to go straight into evade. This has worked alright, I took more damage at first but I'm getting hit less and less and haven't fainted yet. As long as that continues for a little while I feel like my immediate focus should be on upgrading my armour to make me a little more resistant to attacks.

Trying to remember back; I dabbled with Freedom, 3 on the Wii then 3DS followed by 4 and from those experiences of the series it's pleasing to be able to say outright and immediately just how superior World is to those titles. Whilst there are up front things I wish were better the experience is so much better and friendly than in those past games. For the first time I feel like I'm making a decision whether to stick with the game long term or not based on whether I'll commit to it rather than out of frustration about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              The first thing I hit a wall with was the combat, it's something that is immediately poor but not in a broken way merely it's nowhere near as polished as it should be.
                              The combat is pure genius. It's designed to punish your mistakes and greediness.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's mostly the lock on and camera. I'm coping fine at the moment but as the difficulty scales up I'm mindful that either of the two could lead to fainting in battles out of it being unintuitive rather than player error. I think lock-on should be okay, I'm getting used to just ignoring the whole mechanic for now but the camera is sometimes a little road bump in more frantic multi-enemy battles.

Comment

Working...
                                X