No announcement yet.

Little Things That Puzzle You 2: Twisted Membrane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you take notice of Glassdoor reviews you may never work anywhere ever again!

Comment

I once had a recruitment person call me up looking for me to go for a particular job and his opening pitch was, "Now I know you've probably heard all the stories about how terrible this company is to work for". As it happened, I hadn't but then went looking and, sure enough, they had even won awards for being one of the worst places to work. Needless to say, I didn't go for the job.

Comment

Sound advice Billy. Definitely takes a bit of the pressure off!
        [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION], I think you are right on that note. Sounds like several disgruntled sales people (which I am not). Indeed reviews sound a bit more promising...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          This is great �� keep us updated.
          Won £6.40 on Euro millions.

2 numbers and a star.

What. Is. Happening?!

Comment

Used my £6.40 to buy 2 X Lotto and 1 X Euro Millions for Tuesday.

Lotto win didn't come through so have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              If you take notice of Glassdoor reviews you may never work anywhere ever again!
              I got my rejection letter today.

"After careful evaluation, our hiring team has decided to pursue other candidates for this position. They felt as though you would fit in better for a more senior managerial position."

Comment

I don't know if you're upset or not so I can't decide whether or not to say "sorry"...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                  Ummm... congratulations? I think?

Comment

I'm truly puzzled.

I didn't ask to be a team lead. They saw my cv and LinkedIn profile. They interviewed me 5 times.

Not sure why they'd turn me down.

Comment

I'm puzzled by Americans soddering things. I'm watching a US guy break a 2DS down on YouTube and he's on about all the soddering inside.

Is he referring to sodomites inside the PCB???

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post

"After careful evaluation, our hiring team has decided to pursue other candidates for this position. They felt as though you would fit in better for a more senior managerial position."
                        Dislike.

Sorry to hear that Zaki. Keep at the applying bro.

Comment

Everything really. If we're honest with ourselves, I mean properly honest, we come to realise we don't know anything of any real significance. We know what we ate for breakfast and we know that our girlfriend goes by the name Alice and we know the directions to such and such a place, but, as Socrates and countless wise men before and since realised, we don't even know ourselves let alone what anything else truly is. But not knowing is frightening, innit. Uncertainty is uncomfortable so we pretend at knowing, that way we feel a little more secure, but it's mostly pretence.

Comment

I know with certainty that I'm certain of being comfortable with being uncertain about the lack of certainty

Exam Results and the News. Does the general population really care enough to hear about it as the top headline all day every single year? Really?

Comment

Umm, no?
                              Am I missing something? E-Cigs are supposed to be transitional for people to work to quitting smoking aren't they? The people who stay vaping are doing it wrong yes?

Making them more publicly exposed than they already are also reintroduces several of the reasons they and cigarettes were restricted in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                I know with certainty that I'm certain of being comfortable with being uncertain about the lack of certainty
                                I don't believe you. I bet you judge and conceptualise and analyse and label as much as the next man. And what is all that but an attempt to combat uncertainty? We all do it. But our ideas of things are not the things we have ideas about. Do you see? The menu is not the meal. The map is not the territory. We can think something is good or bad or right or wrong or friend or foe or this way or that, we can judge it any way we choose but that's just an idea in our head, it's a concept, but reality isn't an idea or a concept, reality is reality and it's always changing from moment to moment. Do you know what I mean? The word cat isn't a cat. Nor is the idea of a cat a cat. A photo of a cat isn't a cat either. Only a cat is a cat. And what is a cat? Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X