Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morse code.

Comment

No, he talks to people directly....through the Aetherial Plane. When we think we are seeing his posts, we're actually dreaming that we're seeing his posts BUT responding to them in the real world. Our brain just fills in the gaps in reality.

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
      I thought that you'd be using a Nokia 3310 or similar
      Analogue with no texting.

Comment

I'm converting a beautiful embellished antique Indian brass vase into a lamp. Ordered some parts on Amazon, paid at checkout, and a pop up box appears saying do I want to share my purchase to Facebook? Really? What's that all about? Even if I had a Facebook account why would I wanna show people what I buy? Is that how we're encouraged to reveal ourselves, by the crap we buy? Look at me everyone, look at what a unique individual I am by looking at these mass produced goods that were designed and made by somebody else, but bought by ME! Oh, the irony.

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
        I thought that you'd be using a Nokia 3310 or similar
        Having never owned a mobile, I don't know what sort of mobile the 3310 is, but assume it's an antiquated model.
        Last edited by Zen Monkey; 21-08-2018, 12:00.

Comment

I've up cycled some lamps recently for our airbnb, what kind of twat have I become? They look gorgeous mind, and unique, but still.

Comment

I've gotten well into lamp making recently. Old wooden storage pots, pottery vases, Moroccan brass pierced candle holders, I enjoy restoring and converting them into lamps. Even had a go at making my own shade out of wire and fabric, that didn't turn out well but still... I find it satisfying.

Comment

I'm not sure where in life I got from:

"I have a day off, let's go to the pub"

To:

"I have a day off, let's go to an antique/bric-a-brac shop"

But I suspect marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                Having never owned a mobile, I don't know what sort of mobile the 3310 is, but assume it's an antiquated model.
                State-of-the-art!

...for 2002.

Comment

I've gotten well into lamp making recently. Old wooden storage pots, pottery vases, Moroccan brass pierced candle holders, I enjoy restoring and converting them into lamps. Even had a go at making my own shade out of wire and fabric, that didn't turn out well but still... I find it satisfying.
                  I think you would enjoy sculpting.

Comment

Like in Ghost!

Comment

If William Shakespeare had been a vegetarian would Hamlet have been called Omlette?

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

How I'm going to pass the time in Doncaster after work for the next six months.

Comment

Colin: Marriott hotels don't have "adult" channels btw as the owner is mormon and they're evil or something. Adult movies I mean. So avoid Marriott if you want to have something like that to do after work.

Comment

The desire to know everything about a movie or a video game before release. And the habit of judging before experiencing. What happened to patience? What happened to waiting for something to actually appear before forming an opinion? I even see people reviewing trailers.

Comment

The desire to know everything about a movie or a video game before release. And the habit of judging before experiencing. What happened to patience? What happened to waiting for something to actually appear before forming an opinion? I even see people reviewing trailers.
                                Actually... I really like that people judge movies/games based upon trailers. Movie studios are spending, frankly, stupid amounts of money lining the pockets of advertising firms, and doing everything they can to get those assets in front of our eyes. They're putting those things out into the world to try and attract people, and make the "experience" of discovery and hype before seeing/experiencing something as much a part of an event as the event itself.

If a movie studio puts out a trailer, and I criticise it, it feels strange when the studio says "don't judge the movie based on the trailer!" - what, then, was the trailer for? It was meant to get me interested.

I think this doubly with poor game demos; they're like if you try a sampler of food from a restaurant and you don't like it. The whole point of the sampler was so I could find out whether I would like the product. If I don't like it, I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume the full meal isn't going to go well.
                                Last edited by Asura; 05-10-2018, 11:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X