No announcement yet.

Little Things That Puzzle You 2: Twisted Membrane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't get the hate hes a good comedy writer too, and i think this shows in how well his show has been received in the US. James Corden, and Ruth Jones wrote Gavin and Stacey and some of the characters in that are really well written. Bryn played by Rob Brydon is a fantastic creation as are a lot of the other cast members gavins parents pam and mic are also a great source of humor in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
      i don't get the hate hes a good comedy writer too, and i think this shows in how well his show has been received in the US. James Corden, and Ruth Jones wrote Gavin and Stacey and some of the characters in that are really well written. Bryn played by Rob Brydon is a fantastic creation as are a lot of the other cast members gavins parents pam and mic are also a great source of humor in the show.
      You've never met that one guy who just rubs you the wrong way, even though they've done absolutely nothing to you?

I am sure my dislike of the guy is irrational, but I can't help it. If I met him in reality and got confronted by him, it would probably play out like this:

Comment

I don't so much hate the Cordmeister General but I find him hard to like in the same way I find Robbie Williams and Peter Kay hard to like ... the reason being I feel their level of success and their level of talent doesn't quite tally.

Comment

It's amazing how successful Peter Kay has been given the little material he works with.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            It's amazing how successful Peter Kay has been given the little material he works with.
            I can tell why he's successful right away; have you ever seen him tangle with hecklers? He's incredibly fast on his feet. It suggests that he's quick-witted and intelligent, as well as extremely personable in real life; it's all about charisma. Naturally that'll rub some people the wrong way, but I definitely see it.

Comment

I’m exactly like that, just skinny.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I can confirm I'm as grumpy a ****er in real life as I am on this board, if that helps in anyones mental picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post

Comment

Ever look back and wonder how you are where you are? I've not normally one to reminisce but recently catch myself reflecting on the past: the things I would do, my choice of company, my interests, attitudes, philosophies, beliefs, taste in music, taste in drugs, the food I ate, my likes, dislikes, ambitions, schemes, hopes, fears... and it's so completely different that it's like reflecting on a stranger. I'm not saying that life was better then. Nor am I saying that life is better now. Life was good then and life is good now. But it was so different. It's weird...

But that's quite enough self-indulgence. Too much of that kinda thinking strengthens the I-concept and our attachment to 'I' causes so much of our suffering.
                    Last edited by Zen Monkey; 06-07-2018, 10:10.

Comment

So just me then, huh?

Comment

Just you without the patience to wait more than 2 hours for a reply? No, I get antsy when nobody replies too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                          So just me then, huh?
                          Patience young grasshopper.

Comment

I have none, clearly!

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                              Ever look back and wonder how you are where you are? I've not normally one to reminisce but recently catch myself reflecting on the past: the things I would do, my choice of company, my interests, attitudes, philosophies, beliefs, taste in music, taste in drugs, the food I ate, my likes, dislikes, ambitions, schemes, hopes, fears... and it's so completely different that it's like reflecting on a stranger. I'm not saying that life was better then. Nor am I saying that life is better now. Life was good then and life is good now. But it was so different. It's weird...

But that's quite enough self-indulgence. Too much of that kinda thinking strengthens the I-concept and our attachment to 'I' causes so much of our suffering.
                              Yes and no.

I don't know if I 'reminisce', but I think about elements of the past all the time, how it has formed the weirdness that I am, and all the strengths I've gained and changes I have made. But there are still many things I've battled that still stay strong, things that need a lot of grunt to sort. Thinking makes me see weaknesses that need to be changed or transmuted into something positive.

Anyway I don't wanna ramble, god damn can I ramble.

England match tomorrow, pub, wear my nice comfy Nike Lunarcharge, six twiftaz in my bacca-bag and I'm laughing.

Comment

Existence. It's remarkable, beautiful, and utterly puzzling. The universe has sprung into life, developed consciousness and evolved to the point where it can ask itself what am I? That's magic in the truest sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X