Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    If the X version looks better than the pro I can't wait to see how good the ps5 hd remaster version looks!

Cant wait to see how good the PS5 super HD x nitro version looks, i'm holding out!. Mark my words the extra 0.5fps and 2 extra pixels in res will be revolutionary!!!!!!

Comment

Imagine horse bollock physics running at 60 fps though

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        Imagine horse bollock physics running at 60 fps though
        Everyone knows 42.5fps is prefectly acceptable for dangly horse knackers Adam. Rolls eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
          Is it just me, or do those Digital Foundry guys really suck the fun out of everything?...
          I feel the same way, man. They remind me of scientists dissecting dead animals in a laboratory. Dead animals ain't interesting or at all fun.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Cant wait to see how good the PS5 super HD x nitro version looks, i'm holding out!. Mark my words the extra 0.5fps and 2 extra pixels in res will be revolutionary!!!!!!
            Have we not got to the stage where it's only because DF tell us that it looks better that we even know?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              Have we not got to the stage where it's only because DF tell us that it looks better that we even know?
              I personally could give a flying hoot what version is “technically” best. Hence why I poke so much fun at it all, and the amount of effort people go though to argue one way or another for certain versions is insane sometimes, like seriously you could of completed the game already if you weren’t analizing the versions so much.

If it’s that important you’ll have a monster pc rig to make sure EVERYTHING is 60fps at 4K.

Otherwise if your playing on console it’s really all irrelevant, just play the game and enjoy it 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                I feel the same way, man. They remind me of scientists dissecting dead animals in a laboratory. Dead animals ain't interesting or at all fun.
                Find stuff like that, interesting in how stuff works. I wish DR would go in depth over sound. Sound adds so much to any game and shouldn't all be about the frame rate and screen Res
                Last edited by Team Andromeda; 17-08-2018, 11:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Find stuff like interesting and how stuff works. I wish DR would go in depth over sound. Sound adds so much to any game and shouldn't all be about the frame rate and screen Res
                  I agree with you on sound. Not that DR should cover it, but that it adds so much to games. The older I get, the more I care about a game's atmosphere, the vibe and ambience, and sound influences that massively. Some of my favourite games are only favourites because of their audio.

Comment

I used to follow DF much more often, since the current gen hit their analyse has been fine but the games haven't really delivered interesting results as the hardware is too similar and the final round nearly always goes the same way.

Comment

The Red Dead Redemption 2 online is going to launch in beta in November say Rockstar.

Rockstar said ...

Red Dead Redemption 2 will take those ideas much further and combine that with everything we’ve learned in the years since then with our favorite elements from Grand Theft Auto Online
                      Given their favourite elements of GTA online is how much money it makes, get ready for Cactus Cards, lots of microtransactions and game hackers. Not sure it's quite as well suited to monetisation as GTA online, less scope for selling you overpowered weapons and vehicles. I suppose there could be steam powered horses.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        The Red Dead Redemption 2 online is going to launch in beta in November say Rockstar.

Rockstar said ...

Given their favourite elements of GTA online is how much money it makes, get ready for Cactus Cards, lots of microtransactions and game hackers. Not sure it's quite as well suited to monetisation as GTA online, less scope for selling you overpowered weapons and vehicles. I suppose there could be steam powered horses.
                        Fingers crossed it has a private mode where you and a bunch of friends can just do what you want without worrying about griefers.

Comment

It's so strange, the sense of gaming depression that sets in at the words Rockstar and Online being seen in the same sentence.

Still, four weeks from release? They better nail it...

Comment

I would actually play this online. Think this will be my next game. Can we get a Bordersdown group going on PS4?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              It's so strange, the sense of gaming depression that sets in at the words Rockstar and Online being seen in the same sentence.

Still, four weeks from release? They better nail it...
                              I’m only buying it for the single player anyway. If the online is decent and you can keep greifers out then happy days. If not I wont loose any sleep over it.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-09-2018, 09:58.

Comment

For me to engage with online they'd need to do a lot, GTA Online was... well, they got a lot of mileage out of something that didn't warrant it.
                                I'd probably feel more optimistic that RDO was going to be a big advancement if they made much of an effort to showcase the game. As is, it'll definitely be traded by the time the beta goes live leaving the cash grab PC iteration as my likely first attempt at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X