Red Dead Redemption 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I might have a rerun through the first game, and I definitely need to play Undead Nightmare.
    Undead Nightmare is on my to-play list too.

I'm still fuming at the fact that a good chunk of RDR's trophies/achievements were in very specific multiplayer tasks which means that I can't Platinum it because the multiplayer scene is pretty much dead. This really needs to not be the case in RDR2.

Comment

Although I'm looking forward to this, I'm reserving some healthy scepticism, based on the success of GTA Online, which isn't for me.

Why I’m Not Excited for Red Dead Redemption II

Comment

Playing 30 minutes of GTAV online was enough for me and I can't see a battle royale mode in RDR2 making the online content any better, unless it's exceptionally good.

RockStar have always been good with the single player experience though and the trailer looked to emphasise that, I'd be surprised if RockStar neglected that side of the game, but I don't doubt the online side will be a massive money grab.

Cancel Pre-Order button on standby if that turns out not to be the case.

Comment

It should be okay as long as the online component doesn't effect the single player side at all. Once they start getting meshed together it'll begin to crumble the experience.

Comment

I'd love it if the Undead Nightmare-style DLC is an homage to Westworld and the lead character discovers he's just an automaton built for entertainment and to get shot at.
            Before long, he's infiltrated the headquarters and liberated some modern heavy weaponry and leading a robot rebellion to freedom.

Obviously, this won't happen and the DLC will end up as Red Dead Online add-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
              This may be the first game that is so major a release that its impact has created a hype vacuum where excitement cannot exist. Everytime I look on a forum everyone is getting it yet no-one seems hyped.
              I'm very excited for it. The original was one of my favourite games of that generation and I've been eagerly anticipating the sequel ever since it was announced. I ain't watched any of the videos though. No point. They won't enhance my enjoyment of the game proper, but might detract from it.

Comment

How Red Dead Redemption 2 uses the power of PS4 Pro.

Comment

Microsoft using PS4 Pro footage and replacing the button prompts icons lol.

Comment

Is it just me, or do those Digital Foundry guys really suck the fun out of everything?...

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
                      Is it just me, or do those Digital Foundry guys really suck the fun out of everything?...
                      Hearing and/or reading people complain about DF when they have been pretty crystal-clear about what they do for years and years now is hilarious imo.

You do realise that you're not forced to read their articles and/or watch their videos if you don't like them, right?

Personally, I find their work to be fascinating in terms of how they break down the technical side of HD videogame production at hardware and software levels. DF Retro is excellent too.
                      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 16-08-2018, 18:38.

Comment

If the Pro version looks that good, can't wait to see the One X version

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                          Hearing and/reading people complain about DF when they have been pretty crystal-clear about what they do for years and years now is hilarious imo.

You do realise that you're not forced to read their articles and/or watch their videos if you don't like them, right?

Personally, I find their work to be fascinating in terms of how they break down the technical side of HD videogame production. DF Retro is excellent too.
                          I guess that's fair enough, but I wasn't aware it was one of theirs until I clicked on it..

But then again, this is a game that's not even released yet.
                          It's only journos that have even glimpsed part of it, and they're already dissecting it like a pinned-down frog.

Feels a bit like an art critic picking apart a painting while the artist still has brush in hand.

Just my opinion mind.

Comment

Well there’s your answer on what Rockstar will be doing with the oneX version, naff all, they couldn’t even be bothered to make a separate Microsoft video.

Comment

The Sony marketing deal doesn’t allow them to make a video showing the Xbox version of the game, Sony paid for that marketing and they are putting it to great use.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                If the Pro version looks that good, can't wait to see the One X version
                                If the X version looks better than the pro I can't wait to see how good the ps5 hd remaster version looks!

Comment

Working...
                                X