No announcement yet.

Team Sonic Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, kids will like them. It looks like a straight up racing game with a sonic twist judging by the reveal track and cars so I'm optimistic.

Comment

How did that last Sonic do in terms of sales? That would be an indicator of the strength of modern Sonic characters. I know my kids were campaigning for it so it was definitely on their radar but we didn't get it.

Comment

Just read there is an emphasis on team battles on this. That's an interesting dynamic. Not sure it that is local or online.

Comment

Then again, no Danica Patrick or Wreck It Ralph...every cloud 'n that.

Comment

From what I remember Transformed ultimately outsold the first game which made this long delay odd. The team racing aspect is honestly more off putting to me than the game being Sonic only focused. If Sumo wasn't behind this I'd be over it already, given the characters, vehicles etc all featured prominently anyway in the last two games I feel like this is refocusing the series on a niche rather than building on Transformed positive feedback. It is Sega though, so my shock level is low.

Comment

EG has a little piece on the game. I have a lot of faith in Sumo that this will be decent but I still find the away from fan pleasing to team play unappealing.

Comment

Comment

Looks absolutely terrible after the awesome Transformed.

Comment

That looks chudney.

Comment

No idea if chudney is a positive or negative. For me, it looks pretty cool. Hard to say just on a clip but it might have more weapon focus than I’d like but that might not be the case. I just hope that, if they’re losing the wider Sega dressing, that they can make the stages look cool and interesting.

Comment

Era had a link to a foreign site which showed more of the other tracks in motion and it looked like it was fairly samey throughout, the tracks kept form being that inventive due to the team play mechanics. I get the feeling that this will be the best made yet least loved entry so far

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          No idea if chudney is a positive or negative. For me, it looks pretty cool. Hard to say just on a clip but it might have more weapon focus than I’d like but that might not be the case. I just hope that, if they’re losing the wider Sega dressing, that they can make the stages look cool and interesting.
                          I've seen people online describing it as Mario Kart meets Overwatch; not particularly interested in that. Still, some people might go for it and it makes sense for them not to simply "lock horns" with MK8.

Comment

Changing tact somewhat does make sense, I really enjoyed Transformed but never got on board with claims it came close to challenging MK8's quality bar. It was however the next closest rival so this creates distance I guess.

Comment

New trailer:

Comment

That’s not game footage.

Comment

Working...
                                X