Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

This year's Call of Duty game is Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, multiple sources have confirmed to Eurogamer.Black Ops 4 is…

Word is Treyarch will be releasing Black Ops 4 as this years entry with the sci-fi elements dialled back

Are you looking to showcase your brand in front of the gaming industry’s top leaders? Learn more about GamesBeat Summit sponsorship opportunities here.  Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, or if you prefer, Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII, is coming on October 12 as the latest installment in the first-person shooter combat series. OK, […]

Now official with a full reveal on May 17th and a release date a full month earlier than usual of 12 October. Seems there'll be no attempt at a Switch version.

Comment

They've not shown anything yet but if the biggest USP is that this is the first CoD to be released in October I'm not holding out much hope!!

Comment

It raised a smile when the date came up, interesting to see the franchise finally bow to a bigger hitter.

If BO4 goes back to BO1's era I'll be happy. No more wall running nonsense. Solid as the third game was it was a step back and had the worst single player of the series. This is Treyarchs comeback attempt in many ways.

Comment

Not bothered... This franchise is all but dead to me so only a miracle would make me change my mind. That said BO1 is still my favourite in the whole franchise and I still play it backwards compatible on the X.

Comment

If this comes with MW2 remaster I'll buy it day one. Otherwise I'll pick it up when I see it for £30 if the multiplayer is any good. I left CoD for a few years but really enjoyed world war 2

Comment

Yep, WW2 is an entry where it's not so much that it advances the series but it seems to halt the decline. BO3's multiplayer is good at what it does, it was just a shame that it took the series into territory Black Ops didn't need to so it ended up feeling like it abandoned what made the previous two so popular. Black Ops should have always left the future setting well alone. If Treyarch move back in that direction this could easily be the best entry in years.

Comment

There's a rumour knocking around that BO4 is set five years before the events of BO2 which would mean Treyarch is aiming to strip the game back away from its wall running turn in the last game and to recreate the level they were at when they used more real world weaponry but with some advanced tech elements.

I'm happy with that but I won't lie, I'd have been happier with BO1 era.

If Sledgehammer are now focusing on WWII era settings and Treyarch are still angling for near future, hopefully it means IW will gear themselves back to present day with something closer to the Modern Warfare strand of entries.

Comment

Rumour that Raven is working on a Battle Royale mode for BO4 and that Activision has completely cut the single player component of the game

Comment

One of the Eurogamer staffers just tweeted that they've heard the previous BR mode, no SP style rumours are all false

Comment

Get your boots on the ground for 6pm UK time tonight, when Activision will rollll out the red carpet for Call of Duty: …

Full reveal via live stream at 6pm today

Comment

So seems the rumors were correct https://www.destructoid.com/blackout...4-503461.phtml

Comment

The Battle Royale feels like it's easy to dismiss, but it rests on the mind with this game because mechanically it's bound to be so much more refined than the other titles out there. It's very interesting that they don't seem to have copped out on the map size either which provides a very interesting development for the franchise as this kind of mode opens up groundwork to potentially start encroaching on Battlefields space in future.

Losing single player though, that might sting them a bit.

Multiplayer trailer is less inspiring though. One wall run and it would look identical to BO3

And Zombies, never bothered me that mode:

Comment

Will be skipping this, fast paced, 1 hit kill aoe specials, vision wallhacks telling you where everyone is just plays straight into the run and gun crowd, just isn't what i want from COD and MP hasn't been in by ball park since the days of BLOP2 and MW3 which was a generation go now. I can see this not shipping past 2 or 3m at most which would be a failure for a COD game.

Comment

22% of Xbox one owners finished CoD WW2 on ANY difficulty, quite telling that no one plays it so why waste money developing it? Especially when you can put in a battle royale mode, loot box ahoy and let the cash roll in.
                              I’m would put it out there that Black Ops 4 safely will be a best seller of all CoD games, hype of a battle royale mode will push this game over. Twitch/Mixer streams will be aplenty, YouTubers will be our in force and people will get hyped and buy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X