X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riot Games announce everything

Seriously:

I'll spoiler it in case people want to watch it:

New stuff coming to League of Legends (no surprise)
    A mobile version of Teamfight Tactics
    A mobile version of League of Legends
    ALeague of Legends card game similar to Hearthstone
    A League of Legends Hero Shooter reminiscent of Overwatch
    A League of Legends 2D/3D fighter (essentially LoL Street Fighter)
    A League of Legends animated TV show called Arcane

I'm not a big LoL fan by any stretch but that is an amazing set of announcements for that community.

That last one has been long anticipated. A few years ago, Riot "wiped away" the pre-existing canon for all their characters, removing much of the detail from their bios in a similar way to how Star Wars killed off the Expanded Universe stuff, and for the same reason - they wanted to create more story content, but so far they'd been too haphazard in its creation and hadn't built a base they could work off.

All hail the new Blizzard

Comment

Admittedly I'm almost waiting for people to remember that Tencent own 100% of Riot. I'm sure it'll pop up within 24hrs.

Comment

Zero interest in any of that crap, or stuff like e-sports, huge load of pap.

Comment

Yep, strong show of support form the devs but likely a whole bunch of failed projects just got revealed. Taking a franchise that's popular and slapping its name on another genre copy cat title rarely pays off the way devs hope it will.

Comment

I think Riot has to diversify because revenue from LoL is falling since 2016. I understood Teamfight Tactics had got off to good start (at least engagement) but having LoL/TT on mobile probably makes a lot of sense.

It's the other new projects that are more unknown.

Comment

Given their model I can see the sense in mobile variants but those last two games... that's a bad move. It's hard enough for those who rule those areas already.

Comment

Yes. CCGs and Hero/Online Shooters are very saturated markets atm. That said the smaller competitors can carve enough of a market out for themselves (i.e. The Elder Scrolls Legends or DOTA 2 etc.). But who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X