X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow of the Colossus 2018 PS4

PS4 Pro. Performance mode.

Stunning. Beautiful. Haunting.

The fluidity of the controls hugely improves this release and everything about the world feels like a coherent whole. I've only put about 2 hours into it so far but this worth everyone's time.

Yes, I have done the first two colossi. It seems easier with the better controls. I am not on Pro but a regular PS4 does the job. It looks similar to The Last Guardian. The only thing I don't like is the dipped camera angle when riding the horse. I understand that it has artistic merit but it is harder to see where you are going! But yeah, stunning so far.

Comment

No reversible box art.

1/10 fishbowls.

Comment

Was amused by this summation from one of the bottom-feeding reviewers on Amazon: "The game is looking dated, graphic are okay, but why have a PS4 and only get okay graphics, with games like Assassins Creed, COD etc you get the sense of being part of the game."

Comment

Did the first two Colossi in an hour last night which is as far as I've ever gotten on the previous two versions.

It's gorgeous!! I must say running it in 60FPS makes me feel a bit motion sick.

Comment

Did the first Colossi last night along with some lizard and fruit hunting.

My giddy aunt this remake is utterly stunning. 1080p @ a fluid 30fps is just fine too, smooth as butter.

Comment

I've done 6 now, taking my time. The collectables are not mentioned at all in the game so read up on them. They only appear in the post game? For a bit of fun?

Comment

Is it due to the number of times I've played this over the years or is it actually easier now?

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM View Post
                  Is it due to the number of times I've played this over the years or is it actually easier now?
                  Not sure if it is easier, I'm finding hard mode to be tough, particularly on the time attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanM View Post
                    I've done 10 after 3 hours. So yes I haven't touched Hard mode yet.

Comment

Started this up and it looks... lovely. The visual improvement is huge on the original release and it feels so faithful to that game despite the amount of work that's been done to it. Man, it's easy though. Started it on Normal and I'm 1hr 15m in with beast seven next to fall.

Comment

I've moved house so haven't been on this for a while. Did 3 more last night in an hour and they are starting to become a bit copy-paste. The first few are genuinely brilliant to fight, the very first especially. It doesn't get any harder, either. Easier, if anything. I like it but don't see the point in time attacking them as there are too many variables for a slightly better time to be more than luck in some cases. An enjoyable few hours, but that's it. I don't understand the classic status of this (Last Guardian is better).

Comment

At the time the big beasts were something special, not so much today. Regardless, I'll always love the game for the atmosphere alone. New Ico pls!

Comment

Originally posted by H-Man View Post
                            At the time the big beasts were something special, not so much today. Regardless, I'll always love the game for the atmosphere alone. New Ico pls!
                            I think I expected them to get bigger and harder to climb. They have become smaller! much, much smaller with simple mechanics to mount and kill.

Comment

Working...
                            X