Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
    And now it’s time for the Digital Foundry analysis...

I didn’t realise quite how bad the emulation on the Mini Classic is compared to the accuracy of the Nt.
    The mini classic doesn't even work with my optical cables. Basically the audio drops when plug into either my home theater system or my TV which is optically connected.

It's crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      anused systems
      I beg your pardon?!

Comment

I'm seriously considering one of these, what's the total price in pounds to the uk including shipping, customs etc?

Comment

Hiya!

I'm an old-school poster here, but been away for 10 years or so.

I got one of these, and I love, love, love it. The whole thing works brilliantly and with the settings outlined in the aforementioned DF video, it looks razor sharp and beautiful. Works great with every cart I've used on it and works perfectly with the SD2SNES.

I got a black one, which I'm sure everone will say isn't a nice as the SFC colours, but I own a SFC anyways and I wanted something sleek looking for under an HDTV.

Btw, they nicely marked it down as $10 in value, so the whole thing was around £170

Some family pix -

Last edited by Kevvy Metal; 14-02-2018, 12:31.

Comment

I'm seriously considering selling on my Mini Classic before it depreciates, and putting the cash towards a Super NT. Problem for me is, I don't own Earthbound, Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy III USA on physical cartridge, so I'd have to wave goodbye to playing them if I sell the Mini. Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
              I'm seriously considering selling on my Mini Classic before it depreciates, and putting the cash towards a Super NT. Problem for me is, I don't own Earthbound, Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy III USA on physical cartridge, so I'd have to wave goodbye to playing them if I sell the Mini. Bah.
              An SD2SNES will get you a whole library of SNES games, but is currently incompatible with Super FX or later assist chips, so it won't run Super Mario RPG.

The SD2SNES is a bit pricey in itself at about £130.

Comment

Still prefer the mini. Looks nicer, is official, proper pads, save states and rewind, impressive emulation. The list goes on.

N really nailed it with this flashback.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  I couldn’t get through the video as it felt more like a commercial to me than a review, can someone save me the hassle, have they built any kind of scan line generation in to it?
                  That, and tons of video/output options. It's a mint piece of kit. Cut to 18:20 in the vid.

I'm still happy with my real SNES, but I'll be snapping one up as soon as they bring out their analogue video adapter. It's too bad they couldn't have just thrown in the regular video out. :/

Comment

If anyone is considering one of these there is already an unofficial firmware that runs roms straight off an sd card so no need for a Super Everdrive. I don't think game saves are working correctly but I doubt it will be long before they work. You'd still need to buy games that have extra chips in the cart of course.

EDIT: I haven't actually tried this myself so I don't have any first hand experience of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
                      If anyone is considering one of these there is already an unofficial firmware that runs roms straight off an sd card so no need for a Super Everdrive. I don't think game saves are working correctly but I doubt it will be long before they work. You'd still need to buy games that have extra chips in the cart of course.

EDIT: I haven't actually tried this myself so I don't have any first hand experience of it.
                      That was the first thing that went through my mind when I saw the SD slot. Amazing. That will save me £130 straight away.

Comment

That's cool and makes much more sense than having to fork out for a flash cart on top.

Comment

I might as well sell off my 1chip SFC once the analogue video adapter is ready.

Hopefully they revise the main unit with that built in (with added cost), but I doubt it.

Comment

It's certainly a nice unit and something that does interest me. The thought of F-Zero on a 40'' screen is appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevvy Metal View Post
                              An SD2SNES will get you a whole library of SNES games, but is currently incompatible with Super FX or later assist chips, so it won't run Super Mario RPG.

The SD2SNES is a bit pricey in itself at about £130.
                              Sorry, I don't 'do' those devices. Legit cartridges all the way – I find that I can't really enjoy or appreciate retro games without the real deal.

Comment

But fake hardware is fine?

Comment

Working...
                                X