Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
    Isn’t playing SFC and PAL Super NES cartridges an issue on the Super NT due to the cartridge slot? That’s something I heard in passing, no idea if it’s true or not. As I don’t own a Super NT.
    No not all, if you play PAL releases you have to set the system to 50hz in the system menu but thats it. It works perfectly, and even those recent compilation carts which some original hardware has had problems running work perfectly on the Super NT

Comment

New unofficial firmware is out allowing most custom chip rom games to be played

Comment

Must admit I'm seriously thinking about taking the plunge on the Super NT. Just concerned that if I did I would basically stop using my modern systems.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Must admit I'm seriously thinking about taking the plunge on the Super NT. Just concerned that if I did I would basically stop using my modern systems.
          You’re in the wrong place if you think that’s a concern. Go - do it!

Comment

This is great. I’m still pleased with the SD2SNES though for MSU1, Super FX and SA1 but it’s getting less relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              You’re in the wrong place if you think that’s a concern. Go - do it!
              I'm already neglecting my 1X and 4Pro in favour of my MegaSG. Haven't played the PSVR at all this year (although the bairns still use it). That's a lot of money in hardware not to mention the backlog of games. Plus I have a perfectly good SFC setup in my retro gaming man den. But damn those old school games don't half look good on a modern TV...

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                I have a perfectly good SFC setup in my retro gaming man den. But damn those old school games don't half look good on a modern TV...
                Same with me; I have a gaming room complete with CRT and a SNES/MD hooked up to mini speakers, which completely negates the need for an NT/SG. I have a SNES Mini for the downstairs telly which never gets any use thanks to Love Island, Yes to the Dress, and whatever other crap my better half decides to watch. It’s enough of a battle to just watch the footy!

But for bachelors or those who insist on not having a CRT in the house, I think the Analogue systems are kind of essential. Plus they look gorgeous and save money splashing out on an XRGB or Framemeister.

There’s got to be an Analogue PCE in the works, surely.

Comment

How does playing games on the Super NT compare to a Mister FPGA?

Comment

Originally posted by paulus View Post
                    How does playing games on the Super NT compare to a Mister FPGA?
                    More or less the same thing. They are both FPGA solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      I think the Analogue systems are kind of essential. Plus they look gorgeous and save money splashing out on an XRGB or Framemeister.
                      Those Analogue systems cost like £200 'each' delivered, The Frame is like £100 more but then it works with nearly all the old consoles or Micro computers. I love CRT tv's but in recent months 2 out of the 3 CRT's I had left have died (or the Tube was on its way out) and I'm just left with my SONY 14' and I'm feeling its only a matter of time, before that one goes tbh

I could have had a free 32' CRT off one of the neigbours in the street, but they just take up so much room and such a pain to move, that I said no thanks... It's not perfect but I'm happy with the easy of use of the Frame and that I can play it on my 55' OLED, the other great think about the Frame is I can play and use my VHS video player.

Getting the frame was one of the best investments I ever did from Retro gaming. I hope the corp makes a new version for 4K TV's

Comment

Am I right in thinking this and the recent MD console still don't have any adapters for CRT sets? Makes you wondered why they called the company Analogue.
                        3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                          Am I right in thinking this and the recent MD console still don't have any adapters for CRT sets? Makes you wondered why they called the company Analogue.
                          They're releasing a DAC soon for connecting to CRTs. They have sent some pre production units out for reviews.

Several people were sent test copies of Analogue's much anticipated prototype DAC (digital to analogue converter), which connects the Super Nt and Mega Sg, and future Analogue products, to CRT TVs, Monitors, and PVMs. I posted a video overview of the unit, and another video showing off light gun sup

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                            They're releasing a DAC soon for connecting to CRTs. They have sent some pre production units out for reviews.

https://www.retrorgb.com/analogue-da...n-crt-tvs.html
                            Cheers Jamie, might be time to pick these up!
                            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Does anyone know if the Nintendo switch online Super Nintendo controller will work with the super nt

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                                Does anyone know if the Nintendo switch online Super Nintendo controller will work with the super nt
                                I believe 8bitdo are meant to be working on a firmware update on their dongle to potentially allow the use of those controllers on the console.

Doesn't look like its possible yet though.

Comment

Working...
                                X