User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's look and listen to the wonderful Amiga and its music and demos

Share your amazing Amiga memories...

Remember this tat?

Red Sector Megademo, my all time favourite;

And not forgetting the best demo ever made...

Having just spent the best part of an hour watching through the vids, I thought Budbrain’s Kaos section and Desert Dream were the best, both in terms of music and content.

The non-A500 stuff with AGA chipset and accelerated CPUs are cheating a little bit, but if we’re to include them then this one gives a stunning example of what the Amiga’s Paula chip is truly capable of given a nice, beefy CPU and plenty of RAM:

Switching it up from great demos to just great music, stepping away from the obvious choices such as Turrican and Shadow of the Beast, here are some of my personal favourites...

I just love the funky wah sounding guitar on the No Second Prize intro:

Whilst it may have featured a really dodgy jump mechanic, Crazy Sue Goes On was a highly polished PD effort with a great sounding, almost SID-esque, in game tune:

Chis Huelsbeck. Enough said:

A game composer who never really seems to get much credit is Stephane Picq. If you haven’t listened to it yet, I implore you to try the Lost Eden soundtrack which is available on Apple Music. It’s worthy of being considered a proper music album, in my opinion, such is the journey it takes the listener on. Meanwhile here is a fine example of his output on the Amiga, the Enigma inspired intro music to Cryo’s Dune:

Last edited by samanosuke; 26-03-2018 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
    The non-A500 stuff with AGA chipset and accelerated CPUs are cheating a little bit, but if we’re to include them then this one gives a stunning example of what the Amiga’s Paula chip is truly capable of given a nice, beefy CPU and plenty of RAM:
    Totally stunning.

This tune really develops to become something unforgettable.

I remember friends and family being amazed that a computer could output the Blood Money intro music.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 29-03-2018 at 04:49 PM.

What a fabulous thread. Keep them coming!