Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analogue Super Nt

Just wondering if anyone here is planning on getting one of these? It seems like the most accurate version of the hardware and it’s spitting out an HDMI signal; no messing with scalers.

Last edited by _SD_; 08-02-2018, 19:57.

Seems like a nice solution to me.

Will say though, my 1CHIP via the OSSC looks mint.

Comment

It's a nice, long term solution I think. All sfcs will eventually die so modern, accurate systems that can play the original games or even everdrives is great. Like speedy, my sfc plus ossc gives the same result so no need for me to get one but otherwise I'd be tempted.

Comment

Must admit it’s very tempting. I’d love to see it running on my OLED TV. Shame it’s HDMI only out of the box for peeps that would rather use it with a CRT or SD plasma. It’s great the lengths they’ve went to for accuracy and zero lag but modern TVs will add some lag. There apparently will be an analogue AV adapter coming for it.

Fingers crossed they do the Megadrive next. They could maybe clean up the audio output a bit while they’re at it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          Fingers crossed they do the Megadrive next. They could maybe clean up the audio output a bit while they’re at it.
          Yes defintely, there seems to loads of messing around to get a MD with decent AV. If the FPGA could also handle the Mega CD’s 68000 and Ricoh sound chip that would be awesome. But an HDMI MD console that’s more accurate than anything Sega, TecToy or anyone else has managed would be pretty cool.

I’ve seen a work-in-progress Neo Geo FPGA system... I’d love for new Neo hardware with HDMI output and a built in SD card reader to save on needing a NeoSD too.

As far as the Super Nt goes, my interest has certainly been piqued. I’m considering picking one up along with a few loose Japanese carts of my favourite games, everything else can run off an SD card.

Comment

Surely the FPGA used in the Super NT has plenty of space left on it if they can fit the 6Mbit Turrican ROM in there?

Comment

Nice system for a fake system. Best of the fakes tho.

Comment

From a preservation perspective these FPGA systems are arguably the way forward. Introducing compatibility with current and future displays will allow people to experience retro systems without needing to rely on decades old CRTs which will inevitably expire at some point.
                Is the Super NT really that different from a 1 chip SNES other than it not being manufactured by Nintendo? It’s more authentic than the ARM SOC and Linux based emulator Nintendo has been selling recently.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Must admit it’s very tempting. I’d love to see it running on my OLED TV. Shame it’s HDMI only out of the box for peeps that would rather use it with a CRT or SD plasma. It’s great the lengths they’ve went to for accuracy and zero lag but modern TVs will add some lag. There apparently will be an analogue AV adapter coming for it.

I'm hoping for a MD version too.

As for analogue out, in the video they say they are working on an external box that plugs to the hdmi to give rgb and composite as per the NT version, they only made this hdmi only to keep the cost down.

Comment

Seems like they did a great job with it. Count me in as someone that wants an all in one MD/MCD/32X version.

Comment

I think it's a really nice option for folk who don't already have a SNES with a FM / OSSC

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

I'll dip as soon as I can use one with my CRT.

Comment

No doubt a nice machine, though as much as I’ve grown to live everdrives, as soon as you take genuine hardware out of the equation I might as well just emulate. Might just be me.

Comment

I've got one ordered as it looks promising. All the reports so far have been excellent. The main engineer behind it released a lot of his other cores/emulators for the Nt Mini so I'm hoping he will do the same for this. Would make it a really good value and convenient system.

Comment

Working...
                              X