No announcement yet.

Joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Director Todd Phillips' stand-alone 'Joker' movie starring Joaquin Phoenix will hit theaters Oct. 4, 2019.

Release date confirmed as 04 October 2019

Comment

“Six Feet Under” and “American Horror Story” alum Frances Conroy is in talks to play Penny, the mother of Joaquin Phoenix’s The Joker, in the upcoming “Joker” standalone film at Warner Bros. Pictures reports The Wrap. The report comes just hours after word broke Robert De Niro was officially in talks to play a radio […]

Frances Conroy from Six Feet Under and American Horror Story is in talks to play the Joker's mother

There was rumor, but now Robert De Niro is in negotiations to join Joaquin Phoenix in the “Joker” stand-alone film at Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films. Phoenix is portraying the DC Comics villain in a moderately budgeted and darker take on the material that’s separate to the linked universe of DC-based films like “Man […]

Meanwhile, Robert De Niro is in talks to join as a radio host instrumental in Joker's creation

Comment

A new character description for the Todd Philips-directed “Joker” origin film at Warner Bros. Pictures has gone online and suggests the inclusion of a character familiar to Bat-fans. Geeks Worldwide reports that casting agents are looking for a character named ‘Mr. Warner’ in a strong supporting role. The description reads: “Male, Caucasian, 60s, a deeply-tanned, […]

A casting call has set tongues wagging that Rupert Thorne will be a key character in the film

Comment

Joaquin Phoenix isn’t worried about appeasing or disappointing Batman fans with his upcoming Joker origin film it would seem. Phoenix takes on the role of the iconic DC Comics villain in a $55 million standalone crime drama from “The Hangover” director Todd Phillips, one that isn’t trying to be an all appealing comic book movie […]

Phoenix says the role and fan expectations don't bother him, he doesn't care what they think as solely the film itself interests him.

Alec Baldwin has been confirmed to be cast in the upcoming “Joker” film at Warner Bros. Pictures with good indications via THR that he’ll play Thomas Wayne, father of Bruce Wayne and respected Gotham City physician and philanthropist. The new take reportedly switches up the wise and gentle depictions of Thomas Wayne in previous screen […]

Meanwhile Alec Baldwin has been confirmed to play Thomas Wayne, described as being a tanned 80's Donald Trump type character

Comment

Alec Baldwin has shot down reports from earlier this week that he’s been cast in the role of Thomas Wayne, father of future Batman character Bruce Wayne, in the upcoming “Joker” origin film at Warner Bros. Pictures. Joaquin Phoenix leads the cast of the $55 million crime drama film which deals with the origins of […]

Aaaand turns out Baldwin isn't actually in the film

Comment

Director Todd Phillips has released the fist images from the film showing Phoenix in character pre-transformation:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/first-photo-phoenix-pre-change-into-joker/

Comment

New set images are out revealing Phoenix in his Joker character

Comment

I get a Bill Murray vibe every time I see shots of him in the makeup.

Comment

I think if he can apply a similar weight to the character as he did in The Master or You were never really here it could be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I think if he can apply a similar weight to the character as he did in The Master or You were never really here it could be very good.
                      Not seen You Were Never Really Here but yeah, he was intense in The Master.

Comment

I watched that test video about five times.

He looks wicked.

Comment

doublepost, whoops!

Comment

I've just got no enthusiasm for this.

If Lego Batman taught us anything, it's that a hero is nothing without a villain.
                            The same goes the other way.

I don't really want to watch someone unhinged just killing people for two hours.

Comment

Was Batman even around when the Joker started out, though? Couldn't they have Commmmmisioner Gordon as the hero?

I prefer the Russian title:

Джокер

You can see it says Joker.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                Was Batman even around when the Joker started out, though? Couldn't they have Commmmmisioner Gordon as the hero?
                                Find out in the exciting new film, Joker: Origins!

Comment

Working...
                                X