Joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joker

Joaquin Phoenix has reportedly agreed to play The Joker in the origin movie about the Batman villain that Todd Phillips (“The Hangover”) will direct and Martin Scorsese will produce reports Variety. However, negotiations with Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films have yet to begin, despite Phillips saying Phoenix is the top choice and indicating he’ll […]

Todd Phillips and Martin Scorcese's stand alone Joker origins movie could have found its Joker, word is that Joaquin Phoenix is tipped to play the character this time out.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 03-04-2019, 06:50.

Joaquin as the big J? I can see that.

Does this mean they're done with Leto? Nice one.

Comment

Nah, Leto's still the Joker but this film is separate from all the DCU movies so they've cast a new guy

Comment

A new report from The Wrap indicates the upcoming untitled Joker origin movie, from “The Hangover” director Todd Phillips and executive producer Martin Scorsese, is using Alan Moore’s iconic 1988 one-shot graphic novel “The Killing Joke” for source material. The site says the film will portray Batman’s arch-nemesis as a failed 1980s comedian who develops […]

This will use The Killing Joke as inspiration. I haven't really read it so I'm not sure how accurate the synopsis for the film is but the movies set up sounds bad

Comment

The Killing Joke is really good. The synopsis in that link doesn’t do it any favours. Good choice of actor for the role IMHO.

Comment

Warner Bros. Pictures is determined to get its standalone film about The Joker filming before year’s end with a new report at Omega Underground suggesting it already has a date. The site says the film, to be directed by Todd Phillips and produced by Martin Scorsese, is expected to start production in September on a […]

Warners seems to be aiming to get this before cameras in the next few months

Comment

Warners has now made the project official

Comment

You must be Joaqing!
                I wonder if Jared Leto is upset.

I'll be honest. I quite often mix up Jay Leno and Jared Leto.

Comment

I have no doubt Phoenix will be great, I just hope, like with many origin stories, it doesn't just go through the motions of the story we all know already. Or if it does, it manages to do it in a creative and satisfying way (like Batman Year One, for instance).

Comment

The Killing Joke should have been done before Suicide Squad. It's ass backwards.

Comment

With this one though it doesn't matter as it doesn't have any connection to the DCU movies, it's main issue is that a two hour exploration of how The Joker became The Joker holds little to no interest especially when it's an isolated tale meaning it has no importance to anything. Unless they pull out a modern masterpiece the film will be a shrug and move on job.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooope.

Comment

But Harley became Harley in the same way. That sequence in SS must have been really weird for those who hadn't read Killing Joke.

Comment

The should do it like Run Lola Run where it keeps rewinding and showing different origin stories.

WHICH ONE IS REAL????

Comment

Conceptually, this movie has a really hard sell to get me remotely interested. That said, the fact that it has to be a separate standalone thing means there is a chance it could end up its own little interesting gem. So I will keep an eye on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X