No announcement yet.

Ridge Racer 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well QC you were on the ball with that call as that is exactly how the cars pivot when drifting in contrast to the cartoonish yet still semi plausible Outrun 2 style. The other issue I had with RR7 was that there was no real sense of speed, you could be crawling along or flying and the only discernible difference was how much blur was on screen.

Odd because the PSP version didn't seem to be that bad, or maybe it was so impressive seeing something like that in portable form, but the PS3 version definitely missed its mark.

Comment

The original RR felt and sounded like cardboard box cars. Love it.

Comment

No boost and snapping in and out of drifts. Much preferred it when each drift was an event.

Comment

Going to go against the grain here and say I'd be fine with an RR7 style game. Absolutely loved the PSP, 360 and PS3 entries. I've loved every entry really, except Unbounded which I've never played. And Vita which was essentially a demo.

I'd just be overwhelmingly happy to see an honest to God RR again. A lot here are saying they'd like a retread - I don't personally need it to be that, but to be honest I'd be absolutely fine with it. More than that, I'd be delighted. I really miss this type of game.

Comment

I'm with [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION]

Comment

Is it confirmed yet?

Comment

Sadly not [MENTION=2697]dvdx2[/MENTION].

Comment

RR7 was the best game i played on PS3 so firmly in that crowd. If this is true and its a fully fledged RR title, I will buy a Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    RR7 was the best game i played on PS3 so firmly in that crowd. If this is true and its a fully fledged RR title, I will buy a Switch.
                    Me too. Would need to be bloody brilliant to even come close to 7....

Comment

Really? Did none of you who enjoyed RR7 feel that its complete lack of speed was a bit pish? I played it when I was clucking for something to replace Outrun 2 and found it so underwhelming in both its sense of speed and drift mechanics.

*Looks at screen which says 200MPH*

*Feels like he is on a shopping trolley rolling down an aisle*

Comment

I want a continuation of 6/7, too. Maybe make RR1 a HD unlockable for all the granddads.

Comment

If I see that green farm mountain track in RR6/7 one more time I shall not be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                            Really? Did none of you who enjoyed RR7 feel that its complete lack of speed was a bit pish? I played it when I was clucking for something to replace Outrun 2 and found it so underwhelming in both its sense of speed and drift mechanics.

*Looks at screen which says 200MPH*

*Feels like he is on a shopping trolley rolling down an aisle*
                            No shopping trolley when you start to unlock the faster versions and hit the nitro button in a corner.....

Comment

Hmm... that description seems rather apt for 2018 gaming. Want to hit the nitro button for speed but instead it’s a shopping trolley icon and each nitro boost is an in-app purchase. Yep. That fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Hmm... that description seems rather apt for 2018 gaming. Want to hit the nitro button for speed but instead it’s a shopping trolley icon and each nitro boost is an in-app purchase. Yep. That fits.
                                Lol - I know nitros in the later RR games isnt everyone’s cup of tea, but I quite liked it. No big loss if they don’t include it either, but i’d wager it’s going to be there

Comment

Working...
                                X