User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everdrive

These carts are for systems that no longer have any hardware sales associated with them, the ds carts were rife when the ds was just out, so new game's were being ripped and sales hit. That's my view.

My PC Engine one wont play 90% of turbografx roms, any tips? Ive tried 2 or 3 rom sets.

Quote Originally Posted by beecee View Post
    These carts are for systems that no longer have any hardware sales associated with them, the ds carts were rife when the ds was just out, so new game's were being ripped and sales hit. That's my view.

Could be but I think it was the huge upsurge in retro/2nd hand prices that occurred once eBay mania with its ridiculous "follow my lead" pricing kicked in and when the Everdrive was announced it allowed all the previous naysayers and excuse to come down off their high horse and root around in the mud with the rest of the low down filthy pirates. That combined with the huge upsurge in digital game storage on new platforms which allowed people to experience the ease and convenience of changing titles by resetting back to the menu turned a lot of heads and the excuse of "supporting an independent homebrew developer who is doing it for the culture" allowed them to happily wade into a grey area they previously made a point of ignoring.

I'm pretty sure I actually read a quote along those lines on another forum when Everdrives first started taking off and it made me chortle greatly.

Ahhhh. Get higher, baby!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Paleboy PSN ID: paleboy1970 Steam ID: paleboy
    Agree with @beecee. Everdrives have only ever been for dead systems.

I'd be lost without the ones I have for my PCE and Neo now, as long as I'm playing on original hardware I still get that warm glow inside.

Quote Originally Posted by replicashooter View Post
    Could be but I think it was the huge upsurge in retro/2nd hand prices that occurred once eBay mania with its ridiculous "follow my lead" pricing kicked in and when the Everdrive was announced it allowed all the previous naysayers and excuse to come down off their high horse and root around in the mud with the rest of the low down filthy pirates. That combined with the huge upsurge in digital game storage on new platforms which allowed people to experience the ease and convenience of changing titles by resetting back to the menu turned a lot of heads and the excuse of "supporting an independent homebrew developer who is doing it for the culture" allowed them to happily wade into a grey area they previously made a point of ignoring.

I'm pretty sure I actually read a quote along those lines on another forum when Everdrives first started taking off and it made me chortle greatly.
    That's basically it. The same will happen with emulation once all the original hardware begins to expire and costs thousands to replace. Despite owning a 1chip SFC and a BVM I'm playing on RetroArch more than ever, until I can splash on an SD2SNES. I just need a 1440p display to match the scan line integer and it'll be perfect.

I feel they're all ridiculously overpriced, too. My GBA Flash IV from China was decent at 20 or thereabouts and does the job nicely.. but then, hilariously, people turn their noses up at those solutions for not being proper Everdrives and bemoan the file transfer method (which you carry out once in your lifetime) as means of justification.

Even the Chinese knock-offs of the SD2SNES are over 100. They can do one.
    Last edited by dataDave; 10-02-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post
    That's basically it. The same will happen with emulation once all the original hardware begins to expire and costs thousands to replace. Despite owning a 1chip SFC and a BVM I'm playing on RetroArch more than ever, until I can splash on an SD2SNES. I just need a 1440p display to match the scan line integer and it'll be perfect.

I feel they're all ridiculously overpriced, too. My GBA Flash IV from China was decent at 20 or thereabouts and does the job nicely.. but then, hilariously, people turn their noses up at those solutions for not being proper Everdrives and bemoan the file transfer method (which you carry out once in your lifetime) as means of justification.

Are you using a retroarch on a modded Wii, dave? The emulation looks pretty much perfect to me for, MD and sfc via RGB to the bvm. I love the way you can select the native console resolutions too, even 384x224 for CPS I & II. Seriously, no everdrive required for those two.
    Last edited by dvdx2; 10-02-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Saying that, I couldn’t do without my N64 everdrive!

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post

Thats exactly what I noticed, the snob air that comes with the Everdrive territory as they look down on regular old fashioned affordable "backup solutions" (teehee!). Newsflash Everdrive owners, you are low down filthy pirates too no matter which way you want to dress it up.

I'd have traded my EZFIV for a Everdrive if they weren't so hideously oversized and overpriced:

But as you say you only transfer the games to the EZ once and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Are you using a retroarch on a modded Wii, dave? The emulation looks pretty much perfect to me for, MD and sfc via RGB to the bvm. I love the way you can select the native console resolutions too, even 384x224 for CPS I & II. Seriously, no everdrive required for those two.
    I have to force my Wii to PAL60 using AnyRegion Changer, which I can't do because I need a regular Wii remote which I don't have (WR+ crashes it). So at best I get a red screen unless I use component which is terrible compared to SCART. :/ I'm looking for someone local I can borrow a remote from.