Everdrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everdrive

How does Everdrive work? Is it the usual ROMs that you'd use for emulation? Or is it something else? I guess what I'm asking really is "is it perfect"?

It's perfect (snes)

Comment

Won't work with games that needed super fx such as yoshi's Island

Comment

Good info. How about the N64 version?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          Good info. How about the N64 version?
          I heard Banjo Tooie is the only game which doesn't work.

Comment

There are a couple of games that don't work on v2 and earlier, v3 I think can do almost all of them.

Comment

It amusing how everdrive for some reason isn't met with the "piracy! Boo! Hiss!" response that every other flashcart or rom playing device was over the years. Quite odd.

Comment

Here you mean? I think the issue with the ds carts was that Nintendo were very aggressive about dealing with sites that promoted them so we were super cautious.

Comment

Just as I said. Flash carts and the like were looked down upon as the realm of filthy pirate nogoodniks for ages and ages but once the Everdrive came along (and only the Everdrive seemingly) folks all across the boards were extolling it's virtues and convenience like it wasn't just another device for playing ROMs. Krkizz had good pr in that respect

Just seemed a bit odd really how folks vibed to this one brand so much and happily yarrrd. Maybe the crazy increase in retro prices had something to do with it but still a bit odd.

Comment

Yeah, odd. The neo sd system is similarly allowed a pass.

Comment

These carts are for systems that no longer have any hardware sales associated with them, the ds carts were rife when the ds was just out, so new game's were being ripped and sales hit. That's my view.

Comment

My PC Engine one wont play 90% of turbografx roms, any tips? Ive tried 2 or 3 rom sets.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                          These carts are for systems that no longer have any hardware sales associated with them, the ds carts were rife when the ds was just out, so new game's were being ripped and sales hit. That's my view.

Could be but I think it was the huge upsurge in retro/2nd hand prices that occurred once eBay mania with its ridiculous "follow my lead" pricing kicked in and when the Everdrive was announced it allowed all the previous naysayers and excuse to come down off their high horse and root around in the mud with the rest of the low down filthy pirates. That combined with the huge upsurge in digital game storage on new platforms which allowed people to experience the ease and convenience of changing titles by resetting back to the menu turned a lot of heads and the excuse of "supporting an independent homebrew developer who is doing it for the culture" allowed them to happily wade into a grey area they previously made a point of ignoring.

I'm pretty sure I actually read a quote along those lines on another forum when Everdrives first started taking off and it made me chortle greatly.

Comment

Agree with [MENTION=285]beecee[/MENTION]. Everdrives have only ever been for dead systems.

Comment

I'd be lost without the ones I have for my PCE and Neo now, as long as I'm playing on original hardware I still get that warm glow inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X