x68000 Thread - Now with MIDI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
    Inspiring thread to say the least. I'd never heard of this machine before but it seems to be Japans Amiga in all senses of the word except that it was immensely specced for the time and had some nigh on perfect looking ports. Beautiful looking case design though.
    If only Amiga arcade conversions were ported over from the X68k rather than the ST, eh? What a different world we might live in today.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      If only Amiga arcade conversions were ported over from the X68k rather than the ST, eh? What a different world we might live in today.
      Probably would have benefitted AGA machines but OCS/ECS would have struggled. ST wasn't the lead platform by the time AGA systems were released.

Comment

No dirty amiga talk in my superior x68000 thread please

Comment

Excuse us VP. I’d like to know a bit more about the SD2SCSI setup for the X68000 if you have any general advice and tips.

Comment

It didn't need much in the way of setting up, although I had a bad start with my SASI equipped desktop Pro II. On the XVI, I used 50 pin centronics type cable in the external SCSI port, to a DB25 adapter to 50pin on the SCSI2SD. Although I could of gone 50pin all the way. But I went with what I saw already working for other people.

I had a SCSI2SD 3d printed box I got off ebay, with a 50pin to micro 50pin SCSI which I was trying on the Pro II, but had no luck. You also need extra drivers etc. So I just removed the gubbins from the box, and the adapter cable fitted in nicely instead.

This was my working set up:

This was the old gubbins I took out:

Before hand I had to set up the SCSI2SD on the PC, not many settings are needed, other than ID 0, and the device size must be no greater than 1gb (that's all the x68000 can see normally) your memory card can be any size though.

Comment

I ran into trouble in that it was enough power to make the lights flash on the board, but not enough to power it. I had to use my Raspberry pi PSU to give it the power it needed. Although I've got a single 50pin external to 50pin male cable, so I might try that out of interest, instead of the 25pin adapter I picked up.

Comment

Just discovered the X68000 is apparently well emulated on the OG Xbox via CoinOps... May have to get mine up and running again to check it.

Comment

Currently trying a hard drive image full of MDX tunes and found a million different versions of Daddy Mulk

Comment

Short update today, shuffled my set up about, and brought a pair of old speakers in to play. Much rocking out to Zuntata!

I also have a MIDI card en route!

Comment

Some vids! A few shooters I've never played, and Final Fight!

Comment

YARRRR HA HA HA YAARRRR HA HA HA

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                            I want to get my Amiga 4000 out of storage and recap it myself but I'm convinced I kill it or myself!
                            You've got an A4000!

Wow.

Comment

[MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION]: yeah I've been lucky with Amigas. I bought a brand new end of line 512k A1000 in June 1988, which I expanded with extra RAM and a Spirit HDA 506 (which allowed you to plug in a PC ide ISA card) and 'massive' in every sense, 10mb full height PC hard disk. I think I had extra RAM in there too (I forget). Sadly I sold it to my brother-in-law's, in-laws and I think its probably in it's box in their loft, but infortunately I no longer speak to the bro-in-law or his in-laws.
                              Then I got an Amiga 2000 and expanded to a 68030 and 50mb scsci drive and 8mb ram. Sold that too but have no real regret as I managed to get my A4000 040 for free from my employer who was downscaling the dev teams (incl. me). It's been in storage for years, so probably needs some refurbishment.

Comment

I watched some of these vids whilst waiting for SupermanFalls to finish watching his Monster Hunter cutscenes and it's looking brilliant.
                                A real labour of love and it's a real accomplishment to bring it back from the dead.

Good work, VP!

Comment

Working...
                                X