No announcement yet.

x68000 Thread - Now with MIDI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cho Ren Sha music is fantastic, one of the many gems on the system..

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
      @Anpanman: yeah I've been lucky with Amigas. I bought a brand new end of line 512k A1000 in June 1988, which I expanded with extra RAM and a Spirit HDA 506 (which allowed you to plug in a PC ide ISA card) and 'massive' in every sense, 10mb full height PC hard disk. I think I had extra RAM in there too (I forget). Sadly I sold it to my brother-in-law's, in-laws and I think its probably in it's box in their loft, but infortunately I no longer speak to the bro-in-law or his in-laws.
      Then I got an Amiga 2000 and expanded to a 68030 and 50mb scsci drive and 8mb ram. Sold that too but have no real regret as I managed to get my A4000 040 for free from my employer who was downscaling the dev teams (incl. me). It's been in storage for years, so probably needs some refurbishment.
      Nice collection of gear, I was heavily into the Amiga but never had any of the proper machines like yourself.
      Started with an A500 virtually at launch and got the A500+ when that came out, added a GVP A530 which transformed it completely.

Really jealous of the A4000, wouldn't mind one but haven't got the time to invest in it sadly.

Comment

Midi card fitted, and automatically detected by Dracula!

Comment

YUSS, just got MIDI up and running on a Roland SC-88 Pro. I made the roughest looking MIDI cable ever but it held up!

Comment

Dracula MIDI

Comment

Comment

Comment

So what sort of position in the Japanese market did the X68000 series hold?

Were they more well know for professional graphics like the Amiga, or sound like the ST, or were they more of a general purpose workstation? I understand they were used by Capcom for CPS 1 and 2 development. I know they have a lot of games but I can’t imagine them being sold just as a gaming computer?

I know they were on the market at the same time as the FM Towns computers with the funky vertical loading CD drives.

Comment

Just like a fairly popular home computer for serious and fun work. Did all kinds really

Comment

Couple of cheeky vids, a charming budget shooter, which has really cheesy charming music, which doesn't match the tone of the game. And a hoy stuff at monkeys game!

Doo dur doo, bom bom bom bom der dom der bom bom, Japanese Bobby Crush, rock on!

Monkey whipping boys!

Comment

I don't know what all this is, but the end results are amazing. An X68000 you say?....

Comment

They're great, VP!

Comment

I love that music on the first one!

Comment

Question time:

I got a X68000 XVI a year ago from Jamie and all was fine. To be hones tI hadn't used the machine a lot but it was used and like I said, all was smooth and nice.

I was testing it yesterday in order to sell it. Someone was supposed to come and pick it up. When I finally closed the machine and switched everything off, I heard a loud bang and noises like screeching from inside the X68000 XVI. This machine has a replacement 240V PSU. I replaced the 3A fuse with another one and once I hit "on" at the switch on the back same story.

I've been on the NGF forums but asking since VanPeebles or anyone else knows about this.

Cheers guys!

Comment

A screeching sounds like a short somewhere. Disassemble and refit shielding. Also check for continuity with a multimeter.

Comment

Working...
                                X