User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    This is a hell of a project they are undertaking. Fair play.

I am absolutely stunned with how dope this backward compatibility lark is looking on the XBOX:

Simply amazing what they've managed to crank out. Here's hoping they extend the courtesy back to OG Xbox titles like Outrun2 as well.

Very impressive. Reminds me of seeing game cube games on dolphin emulator.

Tempted to get a one x but without a 4k TV I think I'd feel like I was missing out...

It really is isn't it? The games have that spruced up emulator feel in spades and I'm quite stunned by how spiffing they look as they put a lot of official 4K remasters to shame. I don't have a 4K set either, is it really essential to get the best out of a 1X?

I'm researching now! My current set is 65" so replacing it with a nice 4k will be a bit expensive at the moment. What's the controller like that comes with the x? Regular one or something fancy?

It's the v2 of the normal Xbox One pad I believe. The same as the One S's pad, but in black instead of white.

I'm starting to become very antsy to move to 4K myself. I've got a lovely 1080p Panasonic plasma that I love dearly and have had for 5 years, but you know how it is when you get the upgrade urge. I wouldn't settle for anything other than OLED though, and I'd very likely go for Panasonic again. Aside from the focus on accuracy, I love the utilitarian aesthetic of their higher end sets.

Back on topic, I mentally factor a One X in with the cost of a new TV. It feels almost mandatory, since it combines both actual 4K games (albeit a short list of them) along with 4K BluRay playback. Plus it will soon support HDR10+, and already supports Atmos and DTS X for sound.

I know I could stream 4K Netflix through the TV itself without an Xbox, but I'm not that bothered about Netflix. I'm more interested in games and Blus.

Trouble is, I also need a new amp and subwoofer that supports the above 2 sound formats. So I'm looking at about 2700 worth of expenditure for the full system upgrade!

Not helping the problem: the One X is a lovely looking machine
    Helping the problem: there's hardly anything on Xbox I want to play. Even when it comes to multiplats. The majority of the games I'm interested in in the future seem to be Sony exclusives, apart from RDR 2.

It's a pain that the PS4 Pro is comparatively anaemic to be honest. If I could just upgrade my launch PS4 to a Pro model that was capable of actual 4K games and played 4K Blu-Rays, I'd do that for sure.

Enhanced games get a noticeable upgrade on a 1080p panel. Forza 7 and Origins both look and perform amazing.

I know 4K and HDR will take it to another level again but I can wait for those delights.

I almost upgraded our living room tv a few weeks back but I couldn't justify it ... there's just nothing wrong with the one we have ... it's good enough. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    It's the v2 of the normal Xbox One pad I believe. The same as the One S's pad, but in black instead of white.

I'm starting to become very antsy to move to 4K myself. I've got a lovely 1080p Panasonic plasma that I love dearly and have had for 5 years, but you know how it is when you get the upgrade urge. I wouldn't settle for anything other than OLED though, and I'd very likely go for Panasonic again. Aside from the focus on accuracy, I love the utilitarian aesthetic of their higher end sets.
    I went form my 2012 plasma to my 2016 Samsung QLED screen, which was 1/4 the cost of an OLED. The upgrade in image quality vs the plasma is noticable. LCD tech really has come on a lot.
    I wouldn't go back to the plasma.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Tempted to get a one x but without a 4k TV I think I'd feel like I was missing out...
    You'll still get the benefits though. I don't have a 4k TV but I can see the improvements plus smoother frame rates and higher textured world's are noticeable on a regular 1080p display.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Here is a shot of Halo 3 running on X enhanced, VS 360

Supersampled to 1080p and then zoomed. The differences are pretty stark, even supersampled