Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

MS's head of Xbox marketing has said that the company will have a large presence at E3 this year in something of an effort to dispel chatter that came up after E3 floorplans for this years show suggested the company was going to have little floor space this time out.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 13-01-2022, 12:50.

Vanquish is now on backward compatibility....

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
      Vanquish is now on backward compatibility....
      Just reminds me Scalebound isn't happening and now I'm sad again

Comment

Lara Croft Guardian of Light is also B/C now

Comment

I read a site recently about Game Pass and how they claimed it could kill off the Xbox business arm of the company. It seems hyperbolic, though it does make you think about how Game Pass is MS's next big test of how much gamers love physically owning their games. In principle, it wouldn't be hard to see how it could certainly negatively impact MS. As a lone user I've little use for Xbox when it comes to multi-format games and most are probably in a similar boat given how the platform is lagging behind its rival. Game Pass compounds this by being a great service but one where companies other than MS aren't willing to put brand new releases on it. The biggest selling point, unless you want convenient easy access to a backlog on the cheap, is MS exclusives. Now, this is the area they struggle in so at best (currently) you're looking at potentially Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3 and Forza Horizon 4.

MS is suddenly faced with a host of gamers paying £7.99 for a months subscription to complete the games totalling £23.87 rather than the £120-£150 the games typically cost. That seems a stretch, not every Xbox gamer is going to take this approach but in theory if a reasonable chunk did it could harm Xbox profits. MS has two paths then, increase the number of exclusives to boost consistency in subs (a solution that's untenable given the costs of making games) or GAAS (that brings with it it's own myriad of issues).

Either way, it seems Game Pass has been relatively low key for something that could fundamentally change Xbox's future as a whole

Comment

I haven't bothered with game pass or either care about it. Give me real physical media anyday.

Comment

Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon Orta backwards compatibility please Mr Microsoft.

Also, please use your huge mountains of cash to sort out the sodding Ferrari licence and bring us more Outrun.
              Last edited by _SD_; 27-02-2018, 06:12.

Comment

A few more games have been added to Xbox Backwards Compatibility and these ones have also been updated for Xbox One X, offering big resolution increases.

Forza Horizon
                The Witcher 2
                Crackdown
                Fable Anniversary

They've also added a performance/graphics mode incase you want to dial back the resolution to 360 era and see the sub 720p Halo 3 in action.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  A few more games have been added to Xbox Backwards Compatibility and these ones have also been updated for Xbox One X, offering big resolution increases.

Forza Horizon
                  The Witcher 2
                  Crackdown
                  Fable Anniversary

They've also added a performance/graphics mode incase you want to dial back the resolution to 360 era and see the sub 720p Halo 3 in action.
                  Cool! I love the extra graphical boost the games get. Now if only they'd add Panzer Dragoon Orta and EDF 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Cool! I love the extra graphical boost the games get. Now if only they'd add Panzer Dragoon Orta and EDF 4.
                    Hopfully SEGA already on to MS about getting GV, HOTD III, SEGA GT Online and Orta to BC and one would hope FromSoftware about getting O.TO.GI 1 and II and Metal Wolf Chaos on BC

Comment

This is a hell of a project they are undertaking. Fair play.

Comment

I am absolutely stunned with how dope this backward compatibility lark is looking on the XBOX:

Simply amazing what they've managed to crank out. Here's hoping they extend the courtesy back to OG Xbox titles like Outrun2 as well.

Comment

Very impressive. Reminds me of seeing game cube games on dolphin emulator.

Tempted to get a one x but without a 4k TV I think I'd feel like I was missing out...

Comment

It really is isn't it? The games have that spruced up emulator feel in spades and I'm quite stunned by how spiffing they look as they put a lot of official 4K remasters to shame. I don't have a 4K set either, is it really essential to get the best out of a 1X?

Comment

I'm researching now! My current set is 65" so replacing it with a nice 4k will be a bit expensive at the moment. What's the controller like that comes with the x? Regular one or something fancy?

Comment

Working...
                              X