Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 CFW coming to all models (Superslim owners rejoice!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 CFW coming to all models (Superslim owners rejoice!)

Guys just an announcement.
    It's better if you guys stay at 4.81 ofw if you hope to take full advantage of future developments.
    i can't say why i want you guys to stay on this firmware but its for something good

if you have 4.82 it doesn't mean the stuff cant be applied to you but it means not 100% of stuff will be capable for you
    FOR THE TIME BEING, BETTER TO STAY ON 4.81 FOR ALL 3.60+ MINVER CONSOLES!! This applies to all late 25XX / 3XXX / and 4XXX 4.82 will work with limitations for upcoming developments .

ok ppl, do not freak out about having 4.82....everything will be fine lol there may be some issues getting the current method 100% working with 4.82. that does not mean that nothing will ever work or that it wont work at some level and we didnt even say what its for yet lol

The PS3Xploit Team (@bguerville / @esc0rtd3w / @habib / "W") have been putting in alot of time further developing the exploit since the discoveries found initially on 4.81 OFW by bguerville, Which first spawn tools like IDPS & Flash Dumper's followed then by Flash Writer Tool which allowed all pre-25XXv (fat/Slim) Consoles to install CFW from 4.82 OFW with no Hardware Modifications.

Since those releases we have seen PS3Xploit updated to v2.0 also seen alot of documentation and action with various POC Examples provided by esc0rtd3w (& team) in the "WebKit ROP Chain Tutorials [Creation/Editiing/Debugging]" thread, The one thing that has been missing has been a useable exploit for those "unhackable models" and the team has had a desire with their exploit as an ideal window, the task takes alot of time and developing but progress is being made. There is still much work to be done but an interesting announcement comes to us from one of the PS3xploit developer's habib as he states "STAY ON 4.81 IF YOU CAN!(2k5/3k/4k)" , now its unclear what has been achieved and its not certain that it can not be ported to 4.82, but currently in the early stages habib gives us great news but also maybe some bad news (maybe), but again these details and the development is extremely early. More details coming soon stay tuned as things are looking to progress but please exercise patients!!!​
    UPDATE MARCH 3 - 2018 via habib >>> LINK The PS3Xploit Team (@bguerville / @esc0rtd3w / @habib / "W") have been putting in alot of time further...

Aside from having some of the most eyewatering formatting ever this site is pretty decent when it comes to news on the PS3 hacking scene and this is a belting preview as I've been waiting for a way to rip my discs onto the HD like I had with my Slim and of course the PS2/PS1/PSP emulation is a boon.

Will it make the BluRay all region too ? . If so I get set up my PS3 again

Comment

Im unsure but would assume so as homebrew/CFW usually does it all. If you've got a Phat or Slim less than model 2500 you can already install the CFW now anyway, this update is just for the currently unhackable models like 2500, 3000 and 4000 SuperSlim.

ps3xploit.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ps3xploit.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
        Im unsure but would assume so as homebrew/CFW usually does it all. If you've got a Phat or Slim less than model 2500 you can already install the CFW now anyway, this update is just for the currently unhackable models like 2500, 3000 and 4000 SuperSlim.

http://ps3xploit.com/
        Thank you, I have the Super Slim model

Comment

Sale values of PS3's are probably going to go up now

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Sale values of PS3's are probably going to go up now
            Yarrrrr me hearties. Come and pirate some old games you could buy for a couple of quid anyway!

For me it's the convenience plus I can dig out my install files for Outrun Online Arcade again and get it on and popping.

Comment

Might be good, haven't updated my PS3 in a while. Will check this out later

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                Yarrrrr me hearties. Come and pirate some old games you could buy for a couple of quid anyway!
                lol yeah exactly. My local Grainger games are selling games from £2 to £10.
                I'm only bothered about 2 things, removal of cinavea protection because I would like my Bluray collection saved to HDD, and would I still be able to game online with CFW using original games because I still heavily play my PS3.

I bet this will finally knock the OGbox from the top spot for retro gaming/mame box now.
                Last edited by Solar; 19-02-2018, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                  lol yeah exactly. My local Grainger games are selling games from £2 to £10.
                  I'm only bothered about 2 things, removal of cinavea protection because I would like my Bluray collection saved to HDD, and would I still be able to game online with CFW using original games because I still heavily play my PS3.

I bet this will finally knock the OGbox from the top spot for retro gaming/mame box now.
                  I never play online myself given that my net connection is one step above a couple of paper cups on some string but from what I've seen there is a risk of being banned with CFW but there is also a way to dual boot using Overflow but you need to boot from the regular disc and not your HDD rip:

This is a dualboot firmware for existing CFW user's. This firmware (by Bobby_downgrades of Overflow) has the same exact feature set as an Official...

I'm mainly looking forward to how silent the SuperSlim will be with everything running off the HDD as the drive is currently the loudest part of it an this hack would make it the ultimate machine. Such an excellent console.

Comment

Thanks for that. I'll give it a test on an old and very loud phat that I have stored in the loft first, if it works out OK I'll put it on my slim.
                    My kids and me still enjoy the PS3 online, so it wouldn't make any sense removing that capability just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                      Will it make the BluRay all region too ?
                      That would be ace if it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        That would be ace if it did.
                        Thinking the same. Would be my reason to do it tbh.

Comment

I'm with replicashooter in that I stay offline.

Problem for me is it seems complicated, I had no problems getting my head around CFW on the PSP and even making a Pandora battery and magic Memory Stick.

Comment

It's supposed to be quite simple really as most of it is handled via the site. Only around a half dozen steps or so now but I haven't done it yet as I'm waiting for the super slim version but given the acumen of some folks that have done it I wouldn't say it will be too daunting.

Comment

I'm in no particular rush, will happily wait for it to mature and the process become easier if it is actually difficult. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X