User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    With such a short duration, the first game sounds like a good shout. Thanks doods. Is the PAL version OK or do I need an NTSC-U copy?
    I think Onimiusha 3 had 60hz. But go NTSC if you can.

I love the series but personally think Onimiusha 2 is the best one - It's also not related directly to 1 or 3 so personally I'd start there.

That said I have the most nostalgia for the 1st one and still play that one pretty regularly...

PCSX2 can play these games pretty well too...

The story for three directly continues from 1. The characters and events (apart from Jean Reno) all begin their stories in 1. I wouldn’t skip 1, it’s a great game and fairly short.

Thanks guys, I think I’ll check out a US version of 1 (and if anyone has one to sell please let me know).

Shame this series never made the leap to PS3. Could be an interesting one for Capcom to reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by wakka View Post
    Thanks guys, I think I’ll check out a US version of 1 (and if anyone has one to sell please let me know).

Shame this series never made the leap to PS3. Could be an interesting one for Capcom to reboot.
    The NTSC-J has English options (text and speech, IIRC). Only the first game, mind; the sequels are Japanese language only.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKirov View Post
    The story for three directly continues from 1. The characters and events (apart from Jean Reno) all begin their stories in 1. I wouldn’t skip 1, it’s a great game and fairly short.
    Shows my memory is bad lol, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
    The NTSC-J has English options (text and speech, IIRC). Only the first game, mind; the sequels are Japanese language only.
    Wasn’t the Japanese PS2 release of Onimusha (1) the only version that has no censorship? I remember this version was the one to play if you want the “full package” back in the days....

Quote Originally Posted by MrKirov View Post
    Are they? I thought they looked guff. A genji title was out on the PS2 originally, so I can’t see that being the case.
    Easy now! The first Genji on PS2 was a beautiful game. Really, really good.

The PS3 game...less so.

I played Onimusha 3, and was stupid enough to buy the katana-shaped controller, which looked great but was unwieldy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprica View Post
    Wasn’t the Japanese PS2 release of Onimusha (1) the only version that has no censorship? I remember this version was the one to play if you want the “full package” back in the days....
    Yup, although the censorship amounted to about 15 seconds of a CG cutscene - they removed a part where a Japanese woman gave birth to a big demon bee- you see the birth, but not the actual childbirth bit. A shame, but ultimately nothing of great value was lost.

I played the one where you got a panda suit with flip-top head as a reward for completion.

It's not quite up there with Resident Evil's reward of a quad-barrelled rocket launcher with Infinite ammo, is it?