No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite fans buying an XBO is the universe balancing out. Old Xbox players have been buying PS4 instead for years

Comment

It's in Epics interest to keep Sony sweet the PS4 is massive cash cow for them, being the lead platform this gen means that it's more than likely has the most fortnite players and therefore is its biggest money maker.

I think epic are kind of taking the p in some regards with their micro-transaction model. the battle pass which gives you three months of unlocks and stuff to work towards is really good value at 950 v-bucks but they regularly put up skins that cost 2000 v-bucks which is £20 for one in game model. You buy two of these and that's the price of a full retail game.

What is worrying is that kids are spending hundred's of pounds on this game like its nothing. epic dose the straight $ to £ conversion to so $10.00 is £10.00 in the uk which makes the game a lot more pricey for uk kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
        Can people tell me the some things that are useful to know about owning one? Any extremely low-price games I should immediately grab? I probably won't get PSPlus, at least not at first, as I'm not likely to play much multiplayer stuff.

EDIT: How does the PS4 handle accounts? I already have a PSN ID on the PS3/Vita, but doesn't the PS4 add a bunch of stuff to the accounts system? Anything worth knowing?
        I've got UK, US and JP PSN accounts(no PS+). Just like with the PS3, you create a user for the console and then sign into your PSN account. I made users for each region PSN account, and one more user for my wife, so there are four users on the PS4 but three PSN accounts.

You can switch users like you do in Windows, and users are assigned to different controllers when you connect them. Bear this in mind if you want to play multiplayer but only have the one user on your PS4. There might be a guest option but I didn't see one when I tried. The good news is you can probably create one on the spot without quitting your game.

There are great sales with so many cheap games. I've had to resist because I'd been splashing out since getting my PS4 last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
          It's in Epics interest to keep Sony sweet the PS4 is massive cash cow for them, being the lead platform this gen means that it's more than likely has the most fortnite players and therefore is its biggest money maker.
          There may be legal ramifications as well. We don't know what Epic have signed with Sony. Whilst the PS4 is the biggest console platform given it's 2 to 1 to 0.5 ratio on installed user base. Whether it's brings in the most revenue would be interesting to know. Obviously mobile has a far bigger audience, and on PC they make 100% profit through their own digital storefront.

The truth is that you could take one or two platforms offline and they would still likely be earning huge revenue sum. And that's one of the disappointing things about them doing absolutely nothing about this issue.

Comment

There is no way anyone bought an xbox because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
              I think epic are kind of taking the p in some regards with their micro-transaction model. the battle pass which gives you three months of unlocks and stuff to work towards is really good value at 950 v-bucks but they regularly put up skins that cost 2000 v-bucks which is £20 for one in game model. You buy two of these and that's the price of a full retail game.
              What narked me a bit is that the Switch version had a kind of "starter pack" which had I think 600 V-bucks and a skin. I bought it, as it cost very little and I liked the look of the skin, and I knew I'd play the game enough to justify it.

However, the 600 V-bucks is the con; it doesn't buy anything. Maybe an emote? I just feel I need to buy more virtual cash to gain anything worthwhile. Of course, this is on purpose, because they want me to buy more cash, but I won't be unless there's something in the shop that I consider unmissable.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post

Comment

Can't people just disconnect their PSN account from the Epic one? Epic's support page suggests they can.

https://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/c...y-epic-account-

Comment

Well, I see two people posting pictures of Xbox boxes.

Comment

Well, I see two people posting pictures of Xbox boxes.
                      That's just one tweet. Obviously empty boxes....

Comment

I know someone who did, you would be naive to think it’s not going to happen. Is everyone going to do it? No probably not. Will Sony care? In the long run not really, then again it just depends how long the run is. They rightfully should take all the **** that comes with it and epic too.

Also my SNES comment the other day was just a jib at what the teens would say.
                        Last edited by Family Fry; 26-06-2018, 11:32.

Comment

Plus you have to assume that of all the people who care that deeply about playing solely Fortnite with their friends (presumably most kids etc already bought the same system as each other years ago so are all likely playing together on PS4 anyway) there's an equal amount who now pick up a PS4 to play with their mates.

I find Fortnite and PUBG to be a bit like Minecraft, you can't deny the scale of the success and the longevity to it in MC's case but it's specific to that game. Without an outcry across all online communities nothing will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Can't people just disconnect their PSN account from the Epic one? Epic's support page suggests they can.

https://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/c...y-epic-account-
                            Nope - doesn't do anything. Once you've connected a PSN profile to your Epic account (whether it was for Paragon or Fortnite) then you are screwed. No Fortnite on Xbox or Switch for you - without creating a whole new Epic account.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            Plus you have to assume that of all the people who care that deeply about playing solely Fortnite with their friends (presumably most kids etc already bought the same system as each other years ago so are all likely playing together on PS4 anyway) there's an equal amount who now pick up a PS4 to play with their mates.

I find Fortnite and PUBG to be a bit like Minecraft, you can't deny the scale of the success and the longevity to it in MC's case but it's specific to that game. Without an outcry across all online communities nothing will change.
                            And pressure from publishers and developers. As said before this scenario is new* and I don't think it's the last time we see it (* using your account with purchases/progress across platforms - not the matchmaking part). If publishers believe that they can make more money, or want to pursue 'platforms', then Sony will come pressure from more than just their customers.

Comment

I suspect the reason don’t don’t want to do this is because of purchase cross over. They don’t want MS STEAM or Nintendo running a silly sale on their platform, purchases crossing onto their platform then dealing with the back end data back and fourth.

It all sounds like more hassle than it’s worth for any given platform holder.

If you really want to guarantee compatibility and account transfer then just use the pc version.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                If you really want to guarantee compatibility and account transfer then just use the pc version.
                                ...or the Xbox, Switch, Android or iOS versions

And yep it's all about the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X