No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of them will end up in scalpers hands and resold anyway, regardless of how there sold first time around.

Comment

They. Already. Are: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-PS4-...oAAOSw3AFbcr7I
      Last edited by MartyG; 14-08-2018, 13:04.

Comment

Wonder how many [MENTION=2732]J0e Musashi[/MENTION] nabbed.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
          I’ve just received the same email. So I responded with a complaint and full on rant... we’ll see where that gets me.
          Amazon just refunded me £30 in vouchers, although I've yet to receive a reply to my complaint.

Comment

Looks like you did better than others who only got £5. Your complaint foo must be good ¬.¬

Further to your e-mail, I understand that you would like to know why your order # was cancelled. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this situation has caused.We will take appropriate action on each and every factor which consequated for this failure of our standards.

To help you with, I have checked the order details and see that due to a technical reason your Order # was cancelled and I also see that our fulfillment team has also sent you an email about this cancellation.

Rest assured you can re-order this product again tomorrow at 10 : 00 AM

Please understand, it is never our intention to cause inconvenience to our valuable customers like you.

To try to make up for the inconvenience caused I would like to apologise on behalf of our warehouse team and would like to issue a £5.00 promotional credit to your account, for use towards your next Amazon.co.uk order.
            So this seems to confirm that Amazon are redoing pre-orders tomorrow at 10am. What a mess.

I'm not sure I can be bothered to try again, except to stop the scalpers getting another unit.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              Looks like you did better than others who only got £5. Your complaint foo must be good ¬.¬
              All the years moaning about microtransactions has put me in a good stead!

That said the email I got was weird in that it didn't explain anything, just this:

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

We are writing to confirm that we are processing your refund in the amount of £30.00 for your Order 203-XXX-XXX.

This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear when your bank has processed it.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: HP C2P43AE 950XL/951XL Original Ink Cartridges, Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow, Pack of 4
              Quantity: 1
              ASIN: XXX
              Reason for refund: Account adjustment

The following is the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Goodwill Refund: £30.00

Your refund is being credited as follows:

Gift Card: £30.00

These amounts will be returned to your payment methods within 5-7 business days.
              They just picked an order and did the refund (in this case some inkjet cartridges which were fine).

The is an explanation message on the product page now:

Due to a technical error, pre-orders for the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro Console went live before the announced time, and some customers were able to order multiple units. This is unfair to those who had planned to order at the announced time. All customer orders for the console have therefore been cancelled, please check your email for more information if you had placed an order.

Pre-orders will now be available from 10am (BST) on Wednesday 15th, August, limited to one unit per customer.
              My only issue with that is that it doesn't help those of us who had chances to pre-order elsewhere but held back from doing so because we thought we had a pre-order. So either way someone loses out.

I am tempted just to put the voucher towards a Switch and move on now. I never did regret the 20th Anniversary PlayStation that much because I got the Pro and realistically there are new machines in 2 years which this thing will help fund anyway.

Comment

So Sony finally produced an enticing Pro and it's a limited edition?

Comment

If it proves to be markedly quieter than the normal Pro I'll be pissed.

And then probably end up getting the Spider-Man one!

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                    The is an explanation message on the product page now:
                    Added the link to my bookmark bar so I can continuously hit F5 until it goes live.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      So Sony finally produced an enticing Pro and it's a limited edition?
                      Yep, unfortunately quite limited and in demand.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                      If it proves to be markedly quieter than the normal Pro I'll be pissed.

And then probably end up getting the Spider-Man one!
                      I sense it might be the same internals or not that different. Which means you might be in the PS4 Pro noise lottery when you buy one although at least it won't be old stock.

The Spiderman one looks OK. Shame the logo isn't more subtle, but it isnt bad.

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      Added the link to my bookmark bar so I can continuously hit F5 until it goes live.
                      Good luck, hope you win one.

Comment

I cant believe sony have the balls to charge £450 for this, they just put a different case on it that's all, and its horrible I would not want that thing in my set up , black one for me is still much better and you can actually buy one.

Comment

You get the camera, which is £50 on its own and a 2TB drive which are £30-40 more over a 1TB drive in the standard pro. Is it worth an extra £100? Maybe not, but stating it's just a different case is incorrect.
                          Last edited by MartyG; 15-08-2018, 08:20.

Comment

I did not realise the camera was included, but I will stick with my black Pro as it had a 4 tb drive in it, I would love to get one just to keep it boxed as I see value in it in years to come but I would not put that thing looking like that under my set up.

Comment

Picking up a camera costs little more than a tenner at this point so yep, the only real reasons to go for this is either you really like the design or you're banking on it going up in value like the PS1 styled console did as the bundle they've done is poor value for money. Personally I do like the design, much more than the Spider-Man one too though purely from owning the system angle rather than investment approach black is still the way to go.

Comment

Your forgetting the matching stand as well. #verticalconsolelife

Comment

Working...
                                X