• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So 10am exactly and it’s sold out

Comment

Was refreshing since 09:58 and didn't even show in stock. Great

Comment

I was able to click on the order with buy with 1 click, but it just kept saying your can't buy from your chosen seller :/

I think I'll just buy an RTX 2080 when they come out and play in real 4K 60 FPS on the PC instead.

Comment

Drats, was hoping one of you guys got one. I was on mobile but relatively solid 4G connection. Got one in my basket but errored foing to payment details.

Comment

It just reminds me of this thread where JAPJAC invented the PlayStation or something:

We also talked about the anniversary version that was being sold for £20, but immediately got listed on eBay for £1k.

At least this new one looks nice and has a 2Tb HD (the anniversary one has 500Gb).

If you didn't get one, life goes on, eh?

Comment

Yeah I don't care that much. Tidy looking console but it's just a console.

Comment

I can't say I'm that bothered either - it just annoys me that so many of these units are going to scalpers rather than people that actually wanted them to game on: https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...o+500&_sacat=0

Comment

Same old story though, not surprised.

Comment

If Sony really wanted them to go to gamers though, they could implement something like only allowing people who have had active PS+ subs to purchase them through the Sony store. Or at least allocate a good chunk of the limited units to a scheme like that.

Too much time and effort on their part.

Comment

Knew it was a fool's errand, but did give it a shot with Amazon this morning and no dice. Still not convinced it looks better than a regular PS4, but the 2tb drive as stock was quite nice. I'll live!

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        If Sony really wanted them to go to gamers though, they could implement something like only allowing people who have had active PS+ subs to purchase them through the Sony store. Or at least allocate a good chunk of the limited units to a scheme like that.

Too much time and effort on their part.
                        Not a bad idea that.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          It just reminds me of this thread where JAPJAC invented the PlayStation or something:

We also talked about the anniversary version that was being sold for £20, but immediately got listed on eBay for £1k.

At least this new one looks nice and has a 2Tb HD (the anniversary one has 500Gb).

Wow, don't think I'd seen that thread before. I love how it's mainly JAPJAC banging on about how fantastic his mate (who's seemingly named after a flight number) is. What a prize bellend.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

I prefer the idea that everyone who didn't bag one (whether they wanted to or otherwise) should commit suicide on mass. I didn't want one but will top myself providing everyone else does too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                              I prefer the idea that everyone who didn't bag one (whether they wanted to or otherwise) should commit suicide on mass. I didn't want one but will top myself providing everyone else does too.
                              Clever!

It goes from being a really limited edition console that only a small percentage of the population own, to suddenly, post-cull, 100% of the remaining population have one and it's no longer rare.

Bit extreme, mind you.

Comment

Took a shot at getting one from Amazon this morning. Enabled 1-Click something or other. Saved the URL yesterday so had it open on my browser and kept refreshing. That product page never changed to 'available' but an offer to buy from a different product page was displayed. Clicked with a quickness.

They wouldn't dispatch it to Portugal...

Comment

Working...
                                X