Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Clever!

It goes from being a really limited edition console that only a small percentage of the population own, to suddenly, post-cull, 100% of the remaining population have one and it's no longer rare.

Bit extreme, mind you.
    But worth it to wipe the smiles from their faces!

Comment

It would be hilarious if some miscommunication at Sony meant that they accidentally produced 500 million of these Ltd Editions.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          If you didn't get one, life goes on, eh?
          Yea, absolutely. Does mean I don't have the pain of doing a transfer from my old Pro and also selling it. Also realistically my PS4 Pro will be sold anyway to get a PS5 (assuming back compat here).

Altbough Amazon did the right thing after they ballsed up, they still should proactively contacted everyone they failed. Given Amazon have let me down on preorders before I also should have learnt. Yesterday l could easily got one from PC World, GAME or Very. And thats the annoying bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            It would be hilarious if some miscommunication at Sony meant that they accidentally produced 500 million of these Ltd Editions.
            When I first heard about this, I was thinking, 'What!? 500 million isn't limited!!!'

Then I realised it was to celebrate 500 million sales

Comment

This reminded me of the 10 million PlayStation too, which is nice. Much more on the net about them than there was 10 years ago. SCPH-7000W, silly expensive though! Which reminded me of Net Yaroze and now I want one of those again. Grr

Comment

These days, every time I pine after a retro console I look behind my TV, see the two HDMI ports and sober up.

Comment

Pre-purchased Pizza Titan Ultra because why not.

Comment

Digital Foundry have done some tests on the new 500 million PS4.
                    Seems it runs hotter but sounds quieter, also has a seagate HD.

Comment

Not watching that.

Still a bit raw about the balls-up Amazon made. That will just wind me up.

Comment

I watched it.

Really glad I didn't stump up or one. The scratches and fingerprints present after seconds of it being unwrapped make it look nasty!

I've got a feeling the Spider-Man console is similarly gloss.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                          I watched it.

Really glad I didn't stump up or one. The scratches and fingerprints present after seconds of it being unwrapped make it look nasty!

I've got a feeling the Spider-Man console is similarly gloss.
                          Still think it looks gorgeous, however I despise glossy plastics like that. I suspect none of these will survive without scratches.

Comment

Even the ones that spend a life being constantly reflipped on eBay as being sealed and teh rarez? I await the first VGA graded one with amusement to see how much the plastic tomb tax is.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              Not watching that.

Still a bit raw about the balls-up Amazon made. That will just wind me up.
                              You’re not the only one...

Comment

4 new Dual Shock colours inbound

Comment

Working...
                                X