Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Pro is horizontal and quiet.
    My PS3 is horizontal and it's a launch BC version.

Just to balance out your scientific research, J0e!

Comment

I got the official vertical stand for my PS4 Slim. However, it's now behind the telly because of that whereas it was in front when horizontal so I can't do any proper noise comparisons. Also, it's almost silent so I don't care yet!

My PS2 was horizontal at times and vertical at other times(with the official vertical stand).

My Slim and Super Slim PS3s have been horizontal.

But to add to J0e's vertically-inclined conviction, my Super Slim drive slides slowly and smoothly when vertical but flies to the left when horizontal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Mine is horizontal, well ventilated area, very little dust. It's okay much of the time but certain titles make it go crazy, most notably Doom and God of War. I might try a vert solution but I doubt it'll make much difference. I genuinely believe it's luck of the draw with these things.
        It's just a badly made system. The sound on my PS4 is ridiculous. My XBox One X is on the same TV stand in the same area (just on the right-hand side instead of the left) and suffers none of the issues of sound noise to that of the PS4 Pro and I've had 2 systems and both suffer the noisey fan issues

Like the OG 360 the PS4 Pro was rushed out and made on the cheap and it shows which cheap and nasty hardware and just like the OG 360 the games are so good, one just puts up with it

Comment

Will add, mines always been horizontal whilst being quiet too

Comment

My launch PS4 has developed a problem. It's extremely noisy and makes a clicking noise as if the fan blades are hitting something inside as they move. Worried it's on the way out I'm going to try opening and cleaning it though.

To add add insult to injury my amp has just knackered too. FFS.

Comment

The developer of Driveclub has been hit by layoffs after its latest game, OnRush, failed to set tills ringing. Driveclu…

Onrush's developer Evolution Studio has been forced to make multiple layoffs after the game failed at retail. Well known game director as past Bordersdown user Paul "Rushy" Rustchynsky is amongst those let go.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                My launch PS4 has developed a problem. It's extremely noisy and makes a clicking noise as if the fan blades are hitting something inside as they move. Worried it's on the way out I'm going to try opening and cleaning it though.

To add add insult to injury my amp has just knackered too. FFS.
                To add to all the PS4 console reliability chat, my launch model started to make terrifying noises when things got busy on the screen, eventually I called Sony and they fixed it. Eventually sold the system and brought the (At the time) brand new PS4 Slim.

Never had an issue with it and it's whisper quiet.

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...r-rushy-let-go

Onrush's developer Evolution Studio has been forced to make multiple layoffs after the game failed at retail. Well known game director as past Bordersdown user Paul "Rushy" Rustchynsky is amongst those let go.
                Poor bastards. Fingers crossed everyone lands on their feet.

Videogame development is ****ing awful.

Comment

Oh man, I loved Rushy's Motorstorm updates.

How do you get your game to stand out with such strong competition or at least them shouting louder?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

How do you get your game to stand out with such strong competition or at least them shouting louder?
                    It seems Lie your arse off is the answer to that problem, then deal (or not in most cases) with the consequences later once your rich.

Really sorry to hear about this for Rushy and teams sake, loved the motorstorm games. Good luck for the immediate future guys.

Comment

Pizza Titan Ultra coming August 21st

Comment

Pizza Titan Ultra AND Guacamelee 2 on the same day, PS4 blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Releasing the game with absolutely zero marketing during a World Cup heatwave was probably not the best strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Releasing the game with absolutely zero marketing during a World Cup heatwave was probably not the best strategy.
                            Plus the game isn't great. The team would have been better off making an unofficial sequel to Motostorm imo.

Comment

OnRush was one of those games that you could tell would fail to sell straight from the very first reveal. Evolutions trouble has tended to be that they've had an idea for each project and run with it regardless of what the market direction shows and what the reaction to the last project was. You had Motorstorm which was fine, decent but also a bit of a proof of concept. Then you go into Pacific Rift which is probably the closest to the right move they made, iterating over the previous game with a series of improvements even if the game still had its issues. They just had to make a more polished revision for the third game but instead they got hooked on the scripted destruction idea that dragged the gameplay and polish back to pre-MS1 levels and derailed the series.

Then they presumably feel the need to clean slate it rather than learn from the experience and move onto DriveClub which was driven by the online club idea that appealed to hardly anyone. A heavy online push for a racer in a world where online racers merely do okay at best. We know how that turned out and once again the updates that followed showed that the team was capable of learning from past efforts and delivering a strong, respectful level of polish. But they get sold to Codies and again instead of siding with caution and building on their experience they come up with another single idea concept that can't hold the experience together. If anything, it's less their game making skills and more whoever comes up with the concepts that's the issue.

If they made something Motorstormesque that ran at 60fps, was moderately budgeted and suitably polished though conventionally designed (and had a strong branding) it could probably do decently enough to stave off the vultures.

It is a genuine shame as the studio could and should have been one of Sony's mainstay studios but I think Motorstorm RC remains their best effort.

Comment

Giant bombcast seems to think onrush was a bit of a masterpiece. Shame. Never actually played it myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X