No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PS4 Model CUH-2200 Revealed by Sony.

"Price, weight, sizes, and power consumption appear to be unchanged, with the console still costing 34,980 yen + taxes for the 1 TB model, and 29,980 yen + taxes for the 500 GB model.

This, alongside the fact that only the second digit of the model number was changed, indicates a minor revision in the internal components that is normally implemented to lower manufacturing costs. This kind of minor change is unlike cases in which the first digit is altered, which usually indicate a major redesign. An example is when the original PS4 (CUH-1XXX) evolved into the slimmed-down version (CUH-2XXX)."

Comment

Turned out the noise coming off the PS4 was my own doing. Had moved it in to the new unit when we got the new TV without thinking how poorly ventilated it would be. Have moved it up to the top of the unit now and it's fine again. Muppet.

Comment

Excellent news Colin. You really do need a lot of ventilation for the PS4, soon as they are stuck in a cabinet they just suck in their own hot air.

Comment

Even when my Pro was on top of the unit with nothing around it was noisy.

Comment

Mine has calmed down now after an initial couple of days, it's quieter now. Very odd.

Comment

[MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION] Interesting. I'd be curious as to if the Pro is receiving similar treatment, though it doesn't strictly indicate a die shrink (which would lead to lower power consumption and heat). Probably gonna get a Pro late September along with Code Vein.

Comment

Probably just a cost-cutting exercise and the Pro might already have these changes in place.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Probably just a cost-cutting exercise and the Pro might already have these changes in place.
                  I wouldn't think so considering the Slim and Pro were released on the same day. Also the same reason I'm thinking the Pro may see a revision if the Slim has.

Comment

Doesn’t make a difference where I put my Pro it still sounds like a jet engine yet my one x is super quiet.

Comment

Anyone buy tempest 4000, or are you waiting for the price to drop? £25 on psn, £15 on steam.

Comment

Are these noisy Pro's horizontal? Mine is vertical and is whisper quiet outside of a few intensive titles.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzzy189 View Post
                          Anyone buy tempest 4000, or are you waiting for the price to drop? £25 on psn, £15 on steam.
                          Yay, just been playing it

The trailer on the PSN store features my fave track from T3K too ... hope it's in the full game.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            Are these noisy Pro's horizontal? Mine is vertical and is whisper quiet outside of a few intensive titles.
                            Mine is horizontal, well ventilated area, very little dust. It's okay much of the time but certain titles make it go crazy, most notably Doom and God of War. I might try a vert solution but I doubt it'll make much difference. I genuinely believe it's luck of the draw with these things.

Comment

My pro is horizontal and almost silent 99% of the time, except for the mgs5 menu for some reason

Comment

I'm convinced that PlayStation hardware is designed to be housed vertically. My PS2 never gave me a single DRE and my PS3 never gave me a single YLOD. Both were first revision models too.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X