No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former James Bond and “Penny Dreadful” star Timothy Dalton has been set to lead the cast of the upcoming live-action series “Doom Patrol” on the DC Universe streaming service. Dalton will play the group’s leader, Dr. Niles ‘The Chief’ Caulder, in the series which hails from Jeremy Carver (“Supernatural”) and Greg Berlanti (“The Flash”) who […]

DCU Service has recruited Timothy The-Man-The-Legend Dalton to play The Chief in Doom Patrol

Comment

“Teen Wolf” and “Gotham” actress Crystal Reed has scored the series female lead role of Abby Arcane in the upcoming pilot for the live-action “Swamp Thing” TV series at DC Universe. Filming on the pilot, which will be directed by “Underworld” filmmaker Len Wiseman, will take place this Fall in Wilmington, North Carolina. The story […]

Crystal Reed, from Gotham and Teen Wolf, will play Abby Arcane in DCU Service's Swamp Thing

Comment

It's looking like the Veronica Mars event series is a lock with filming said to be starting next month

Comment

Big fan of Swamp Thing so looking forward to this. Deep down I don't expect it to do the comics great justice but I shall go in optimistic.

Comment

“Titans” is the first of the three commissioned live-action series for the DC Universe streaming service and has been in production for many months ahead of its debut on October 12th. “Doom Patrol” recently kicked off filming and is looking likely to have an early 2019 debut. Lagging behind, but still very much on the […]

Swamp Thing will be R-Rated and the costume sounds like it will be a physical one with some CG enhancement. The series is said to be based more on the Alan Moore run.

Comment

We’ve still only had the one trailer so far for the upcoming DC Comics-inspired series “Titans,” now a bunch of new photos from the first two episodes of the series have gone online. “Titans” follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on […]

New images from DCU Services Titans series

Comment

Still continuing the promo push for Titans, new stills have been revealed showing Jason Todd in the show:

And Brendan Fraser's Robotman

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Kryten?

Comment

It looks so goofy but apparently is very comic accurate so some props for the show I guess

Comment

Five shows are currently lined up for the DCU Service but...

It turns out Batgirl may not just be coming to the cinemas as a new report at Fandom Wire suggests a “Batgirl” TV series is in the works. Said series would be a thirteen-episode live-action series which is targeting a February start of production for an early 2020 airing. It would be a part of […]

Looks like a sixth may be the cards with Batgirl being eyed for a series too.

Comment

The DC Universe subscription service officially launched on the weekend with the first original series for it, “Titans,” slated to premiere on October 12th. Warner Bros. Digital Networks president Craig Hunegs spoke with Variety this week and confirmed the plan to release one new episode of an original series each week starting with “Titans”. Previously […]

Warners is looking to license its DCU Service shows to other services outside of the US which presumably means that the DCU Service is going to remain US bound

Comment

The recent situation with Disney pulling their stuff from Netflix has actually made me think twice about getting rid of physical discs.

We buy a lot of movies from CEX. Usually because they're 50p and I would watch them and trade them back next time, or give them to the charity shop. Basically using it like Blockbuster. These days though, I'm hesitant on what I get rid of, what with the companies carving this stuff up again.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

Yeah, it's the main reason I buy physical media. Once too many times I have gone to Netflix looking to watch a movie that I know was there only to find it gone. So if it's a movie that I'm sure I'd like to watch again, I buy it physical so that I can watch it on a whim at any point.

The splitting of the digital services seems like it will only make media access harder.

Comment

I have visions of a future where people buy a TV and Netflix, DisneyPlay, DCU Service etc are all immediately baked into all new TV's you buy and competition has forced them to rely on advertising for revenue in a bid to remove the subscription fees as a measure to get as many viewers as possible as there are now so many to choose from, all of them scheduling their content in advance so you can even record and keep favourites that aren't due to air again.

And they shall further be called....

TV Channels

*choir chorus*Ohhhhhhhh!

Comment

Yep. I think you're exactly right. I have been saying similar things for a while. No one service will generate enough revenue through subs so this newfangled thing you call "TV channels" is the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X