Kings of Mid-Tier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kings of Mid-Tier

Just like all those horror movies in the Never Ending thread that come around and you can't quite work out how they made it out or even so quietly, here's a thread for all those games that are neither indies or AAA giants that come and go without a mention.

As this gen settles in for it's second half we're reaching the prime point where such releases are going to become more common place. Most will either not do that well, even more will be rubbish, but some will make a quiet little space for themselves and maybe... just maybe... one of them could dare to one day dream of being the next EDF or Deadly Premonition.

First up for a ganders is:

Gravel
    Out on Xbox One, PS4 and PC tomorrow

looks like good fun

Comment

That doesn't look too bad. There's been a dearth of decent arcadey racers this gen.

Comment

There are TONS of PS4 games on amazon fitting this description. I often wonder if they're going to be hidden gems or the expensive rarities of the future.

Start randomly here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...=61xr%2BNsg88L and just click on related titles. Some interesting looking games, most with terrible reviews.

Comment

Yep, there's certainly an air whereby some are low priced PC games getting a quick port but it raises some curiosities. One or two more:

Brawlout
          Out on Nintendo Switch on 24 March 2018

Comment

TT Isle of Man
            Out on Xbox One and PS4 on 06 March 2018

Comment

Beast Quest
              Out on Xbox One and PS4 on 16 March 2018

Comment

Extinction
                Out on Xbox One and PS4 on 10 April 2018

Comment

Aragami kinda fits this bill for me; came across it while browsing Amazon one time, somewhat amazed that a Tenchu-like had slipped out with such little fanfare. I took the plunge, and, well, it's not great - but neither is it unredeemable either.

Comment

Gravel looks good but not £41 good...

Comment

Typically most of these tier games come in cheap so £41 is a bit steep but they're at least prime fodder for being a tenner in no time at all

Comment

I love playing random games like this.
                        Sometimes you can have the most fun on them because they're not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Comment

There’s a demo for Gravel on Xbox One, couldn’t find one on the PSN app but it may be on PSN as well.

Comment

I might give Gravel a go at some point, I have a suspicion Beast Quest is just going to outright be poor but Extinction looks intriguing

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              There’s a demo for Gravel on Xbox One, couldn’t find one on the PSN app but it may be on PSN as well.
                              I had a look too. Shame there isn't one.

Comment

Working...
                              X